REUTERS - WB to Announce Blu Only

Here's another:

Warner Bros. will back only Blu-ray - USATODAY.com

What Ive heard is that its a DONE deal. Should see shortly if this is true. Looking true since its on these two and Bloomberg.

What should happen now per an insider (being that the same insider said the WB deal was happening)is that you'll see Universal neutral in the next couple of months.

Here's another:

Warner Bros. will back only Blu-ray - USATODAY.com

What Ive heard is that its a DONE deal. Should see shortly if this is true. Looking true since its on these two and Bloomberg.

What should happen now per an insider (being that the same insider said the WB deal was happening)is that you'll see Universal neutral in the next couple of months.

Jonathan Dienst on WNBC's Inaccurate Steroid List | The New York Observer

Just because a couple news sources use leaked untrue information does not mean that it is true. Wait till Sunday at the CES we will know a lot more by then.

UPDATE 1-Warner Bros to back Blu-ray DVD format exclusively | Industries | Consumer Goods & Retail | Reuters

Looks done to me.

Will release thru may, those releases will follow dvd and bd.

Hopefully we'll be heading towards one format now.

LoL, ok sounds like it's a done deal to me as well. Ah well, Guess I am glad that the 360 drive is external and easily could be swapped with a Blue-Ray disk. Guess MS did the right thing not bundling them.

Guess I will be going purple when MS releases that drive. :D

Both articles quote the WB CEO saying that they are backing Blu-ray exclusively. Although it also mentions continuing HD-DVD support until May. I wonder if that gives them a backing out option?

akodoreign;1175853 Just because a couple news sources use leaked untrue information does not mean that it is true. Wait till Sunday at the CES we will know a lot more by then.[/QUOTE said:
I dunno. It gives Warner buzz through the weekend for CES.

This could all get worse: FOX could announce Monday it's going HD-DVD exclusive!:D

Well, your thread topic title pulled me back into the War Zone.

I didn't think they'd announce until after CES, and do it low key.

Now the smart people that hear this, and realize it's the end of the line for HD DVD, will return those HD DVD players they just got, before the 30 day return window closes. Retailers won't be too happy about that. I thought WB would wait until the end of January to announce. Good thing I didn't lay money on the timing of that announcement.

Guys, this is an announcement by Time-Warner on their decision to back BluRay exclusively. This is not a rumor this is an anouncement on a decision by Time-Warner. The other news agencys are picking this up because of the importance to the two format camps. Can't say that this was not expected--BUT-- lets wait and see if Warner issues a retraction immediately like they have in the past. If that retraction doesn't come today or tommorow consider this a done deal.

Maybe that was the meeting Warner had with the HD-DVD group -- letting them know of their decision. All I can say is WOW!!

Well, your thread topic title pulled me back into the War Zone.

I didn't think they'd announce until after CES, and do it low key.

Now the smart people that hear this, and realize it's the end of the line for HD DVD, will return those HD DVD players they just got, before the 30 day return window closes. Retailers won't be too happy about that. I thought WB would wait until the end of January to announce. Good thing I didn't lay money on the timing of that announcement.

Yepp, like I said, I was trying to stay outta here until it became official.

Im telling you people who like Amir and think he's a good guy, well he aint. He's questioned Penton Mans truth a few times, but Penton has been in the know on all this stuff. His next hint is Universal and neutrality. This puts some pressure on them. Once the "A" man posted last week that downloads were the future, people should have known somehting was up.

Is anyone else waiting for vurb's response? :)

I think even he was getting worn down per his post the other day. I think most are tired of arguing about the whole damn thing, and there is just no way both are going to survive.

Digital bits is claiming that BD players are outselling the toshiba's. Dont know if thats true, but I wonder how this announcement changes retailers views.

Penton Man has hinted that certain retailers are getting ready to support BD only.

I think even he was getting worn down per his post the other day. I think most are tired of arguing about the whole damn thing, and there is just no way both are going to survive.

Digital bits is claiming that BD players are outselling the toshiba's. Dont know if thats true, but I wonder how this announcement changes retailers views.

Penton Man has hinted that certain retailers are getting ready to support BD only.

I still don't like it because it is money going into Sony's pocket. But *shrug* what can you do. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)