REUTERS - WB to Announce Blu Only

Heh, received a HD-DVD A3 as a gift today.

Will enjoy it, as well as many other movies that will surely get blown out as they are discontinued.

At that point, I guess I'll be looking the PS3s direction.

What I don't get is why they would keep selling HD DVD until May? That doesn't make much sense to me. If the consumer wants Blu, why would they waste time and money on HD DVD? If it holds, the this is most likely the mortal wound, but I feel like we haven't heard the end of this.

Blu-Ray becomes the next laserdisc. DVD wins!
Hey, I still have my laserdisc player from the early 90's. And I bought it even though the sales guy told me there was this thing called 'DVD' coming out in a few years and I should just wait for that.

Meanwhile, rumors abound that MS will release an ultimate XBox with a built in HD DVD drive....

But if Warner goes Blu, then HD DVD goes code blue.....

"Time of Death .... 5:03 pm" (snaps off latex gloves)

What I don't get is why they would keep selling HD DVD until May? That doesn't make much sense to me. If the consumer wants Blu, why would they waste time and money on HD DVD? If it holds, the this is most likely the mortal wound, but I feel like we haven't heard the end of this.

Easy HDDVD are recyclable unlike Blu-ray disks, so they can melt them and reuse them to make DVDs.

Easy HDDVD are recyclable unlike Blu-ray disks, so they can melt them and reuse them to make DVDs.

Guys your current disks and still future disks for HD-DVD still work. Don't throw them away.

And the players are still top notch Upscalers, so don't fret it all to bad.

They already have titles in the works Im sure. If you read the release, they praised Toshibas relationship ,so this softens the blow. The blow I took from Paramounts last minute DROP really pissed me off. Maybe they are actually trying to be civil about it.

Guys your current disks and still future disks for HD-DVD still work. Don't throw them away.

Yepp. Im actually gonna keep my A2 for its upscaling(better than the PS3), but the movies are going on ebay(except for transformers :) )

Warner is probably making it a smooth transition to keep their corporate HD DVD partners happy for other prospective ventures alluded to in the CEO's quote. I'm sure that's what was discussed in last Friday's meeting. They may also have signed contracts in place for forthcoming releases and wish to avoid any potential lawsuits.

They already have titles in the works Im sure. If you read the release, they praised Toshibas relationship ,so this softens the blow. The blow I took from Paramounts last minute DROP really pissed me off. Maybe they are actually trying to be civil about it.

You beat me to it.

If you guys feel a need to unload these HD DVD's at a very cheap price I'm sure some of us on this very forum can help you!!:devil:

I may look into getting a A3 for SD upconversion once the price drops to $100 if it really does that much better of a job than the PS3 or even Oppo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts