Reviews: SatHawk PVR800 WorldDVB DVB-S2 HD FTA Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well, you can disregard what I said in my last post, I added another satellite and now the Exit button exits to the all-channel list too. This is NOT right, and NOT the way it used to be!

I don't even have an excessive number of satellites active. (I wonder what would happen if I deleted all the satellites that came programmed in, since they're all eastern-hemisphere?) I only have a four-port switch attached, but I have a few more than four satellites because one port goes to a dish that's ghetto-moved.

Jim
Most of my recievers do that (show the whole channel list) after a scan

I went in when I got the receiver and removed ALL the sats then started with 72W and added new sats in order from 72-129

"I went in when I got the receiver and removed ALL the sats then started with 72W and added new sats in order from 72-129 " .
Smart move, I'd say. That's what I did with my Vantage, and it simplified the setup quite a bit. Any news on the firmware update availability ? I would be nice to have a central site.
:)

Sadoun is in the process of getting it from the vendor. Its Chinese New Year so there is a slight delay

greetings from ireland...

hi all, great site....one of the longest threads ive seen on any group....i've got the same receiver here...its called SOLOMEND...I'M having problems with the ethernet...keep saying when i reset..."starting Cccam ..C: mydyns.org 12000 usr pass yes....trying to connect....then it says login failed...Any of you guys having problems with ethernet??? i know my settings are correct...C line..etc....as it works no problem in db500s....really happy with picture quality...and HD ...pic....blind scan is great....it didnt have Thor .8 deg west...so i just edited in thor 0.8deg west and it found all channels inc. HD....pleasently surprised...anyway...great site very informative...keepup the good work...hope we can get this ethernet bug sorted......ta:confused:

well I got the updated software from dvbworld. Loading now

crap I'll lose all channels/sats...need a backup way real fast on these receivers :)

sending files...channels etc...

sorry if this sounds silly...but have u tried updating by rs232...and changing options.....you have choice of loading....ALL CODE........MAINCODE.....RADIOBACK....BOOTBACK.....UPG CODE.......USER DB...DEFAULT DB.....im sure u could send channel/services..or a Sat.xml file....how's the new soft working...??? any fix's????

I would like to have a loader program. Thats all i have used .. I have never used a usb loader.

USB loader much easier but I have ot go through and set up EVERYTHING again

delete all sats
add all ku sats
set up TP's
set up motor spots
then rescan

UGH!

loading ch/tp..sat...

What are you using for a Loader Program?

no...i havent done it...havent needed to....but im sure its possible....just use Hyper terminal as loader.. and send satellite.xml...edited for just what u need....inc motor settings...i'll give it a go 2moro....

zeeirish,

The manual doesn't say anything about using a computer to upgrade. It says that the serial port is for cloning one receiver to another. I haven't even tried connecting to it to see if there's any way to download files to edit.

It would be nice if you could upload and download files via the ethernet port, but there's no documentation on the ethernet port whatsoever other than a vague mention of it in connection with the CAM menu, which nobody here in the US uses, at least not legally. As I said before, I tried running a port scan, but I only find one port open, and it's not a telnet or ftp port. (In fact, going by number, it's a pop3 port, which makes no sense, but in any case I can't connect to it. I never tried ssh yet though.)

Iceberg,

Did you upgrade successfully? Any visible changes?

DVB World

Based on the feedback above, separate non-renewable during FW updates Sat & Channel List file is required, compatible with the latest Channel Master package for easier editing. ;) The Copy to USB feature should allow to copy that Channel file and current firmware file separately into a USB Stick. If a new FW release changes Channel file format, of course the earlier file needs to be overwritten by the new one included with the FW release.

Last edited:
zeeirish,

The manual doesn't say anything about using a computer to upgrade. It says that the serial port is for cloning one receiver to another. I haven't even tried connecting to it to see if there's any way to download files to edit.

It would be nice if you could upload and download files via the ethernet port, but there's no documentation on the ethernet port whatsoever other than a vague mention of it in connection with the CAM menu, which nobody here in the US uses, at least not legally. As I said before, I tried running a port scan, but I only find one port open, and it's not a telnet or ftp port. (In fact, going by number, it's a pop3 port, which makes no sense, but in any case I can't connect to it. I never tried ssh yet though.).....

Solomend HD PVR 800 Sharing Setup .........did ye not get that .doc with Setup .pdf....can i upload it here...or send pm???

zeeirish-
We basically got nothing. You should be able to upload it. If you can't, PM me, and I'll send you my email, then I could post.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)