Revolution

That's because scripted shows cost a lot more to make, whereas reality shows are relatively inexpensive by comparison. So the networks (and many cable channels) aren't willing to wait for a season for a show to grow a following anymore. It's either a hit right from the start, or it gets the axe within a month and they try something else. It all boils down to the bean-counters anymore...

And then they wonder why "scripted" shows aren't that popular.... It doesn't occur to them that they don't give shows enough time.

If a scripted show has self contained episodes, it is given more time to find its way. This is why comedies have an easier time being renewed.

If the show has a story arc that takes commitment it is not given much time to find its way. The theory is that all the dedicated watchers will pick it up early, and if it is not popular enough out of the gate it will not attract new viewers because it takes too much time and commitment to catch up. Essentially if it drops audience pretty quickly at first it will probably never regain market share.

Maybe NBC should try to get Terra Nova from Fox. It did better than Revolution did. Revolution was the ONLY thing I watched on NBC. I spent more time watching quality entertainment on MeTV, RTV, and MyTV.

I'm only seeing 6 episodes slated for the back-season. NBC already cut from 12 eps. to 10 eps. on the back side. Maybe they cut to 6 since the execs at NBC have ED.

Maybe NBC should try to get Terra Nova from Fox. It did better than Revolution did. Revolution was the ONLY thing I watched on NBC. I spent more time watching quality entertainment on MeTV, RTV, and MyTV.

I'm only seeing 6 episodes slated for the back-season. NBC already cut from 12 eps. to 10 eps. on the back side. Maybe they cut to 6 since the execs at NBC have ED.

I think this is the only show I watch on NBC too, but it is more than I watch on FOX....0

The "official" Revolution page over on Facebook is keeping fairly active, leading up to the new episodes. The page 1/2 million "Likes" which doesn't seem bad considering 7-8 million people watch it.

I have the last (unwatched) aired episode sitting on the DVR waiting until the new episodes start playing so that I will be caught up with this show.

I have the last (unwatched) aired episode sitting on the DVR waiting until the new episodes start playing so that I will be caught up with this show.

If you have D* you can catch up on previous episodes with the On Demand offerings.

Theres also alot of stuff available on thier webpage to view.

Revolution
The Stand
Miles leads the rebels out of Philly and away from Monroe's machine guns, Rachel is forced to leave her children behind - again - as she provides power to the rebels.

I'll take over episode listings if no one minds. Anyone know where Riffjim went? He hasn't been on since 2/4.

S~

DVRing of course, as to whether or not I get around to watching it tonight is unknown. It is not a high priority for me to watch same day.

I havent had much time to watch tv in the last 2-3 weeks that this upcoming long weekend, I'm laying low and catching up (Revolution, Justified, Americans, Walking Dead, Revenge, Arrow)... oh yeah! Fun times ahead

Re-watched the pre-break episode yesterday afternoon and was surprised at how much I'd forgotten! Names, characters, where we at in the storyline, etc. There were a few things I did remember, but essentially, it was like watching it for the first time. That doesn't bode well (in my opinion) for the show, that it is so forgettable now that it's starting up again tonight...

Bad Judge

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)