Revolution

Doesn't Neilson ratings only count if you have one of thier boxes in your home ?

If it counts all homes, how does it know if you recorded it or watched it ?
If you recorded it, does it count as being watched, even though you haven't watched it yet ?

DVRs report in when you watch a show.

First episode back, they kill-off the character they spent the first half of the season seeking to rescue. Weird. So, now the objective is to kill off Monroe. Hmm...
I'll hang in there...the teaser for next week makes it look interesting...

I think it will move towards who and how a few have power.

Wondering if Rachel and group will search thru the wreckage of the chopper to find the power source they gave up to make it work.
Would be nice to have it back.

I think it will move towards who and how a few have power.

Wondering if Rachel and group will search thru the wreckage of the chopper to find the power source they gave up to make it work.
Would be nice to have it back.

That would be the smart thing to do, assuming it's still functional/in one piece. It was quite an explosion after it hit the ground after it got blown up in the air. ;)

I think the gap was caused by the fact that NBC wouldn't commit to a full season of episodes. Once they saw the show got good ratings, they had to stop and film some more episodes to fill out the full season. Risky since NBC is in last place behind Telemundo in ratings.

I think the gap was caused by the fact that NBC wouldn't commit to a full season of episodes. Once they saw the show got good ratings, they had to stop and film some more episodes to fill out the full season. Risky since NBC is in last place behind Telemundo in ratings.

I think this is going to be the trend from here on out. The cable networks and cable premium channels are already airing " half-seasons " and rotating them out twice a year. Shows like Game of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire, The Borgias, etc. either split their 20 episodes up into two runs per year or run only 10 episodes a year. SciFi ( refuse the SyFy moniker ) have been doing this for years and they started that way back with Stargate. Running 10 episodes allows them to get better deals on programming and allows them to try out twice as many shows to see if one sticks. Both Showtime and HBO as well as AMC ( Walking Dead ), TNT ( Falling Skies ), USA, etc. rotate out 10 episodes four times a year and introduce new series at least twice a year.

I don't think breaks in airing shows has as much impact now, with DVRs, as it did before we had the ability to schedule recordings based on program name. The only impact it might have is with folks that were " on the fence " about devoting time to watching a program. Most of those folks will see the break as an opportunity to delete it and move on. I did that with the new V series. Watched the first set of 10 episodes and decided that the characters would always be two-dimensional and wooden. 10 episodes went by without a single visitor swallowing a rat. It would have been nice to see Anna ( Morena Baccarin ) swallow a rat.

I think this is going to be the trend from here on out. The cable networks and cable premium channels are already airing " half-seasons " and rotating them out twice a year. Shows like Game of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire, The Borgias, etc. either split their 20 episodes up into two runs per year or run only 10 episodes a year. SciFi ( refuse the SyFy moniker ) have been doing this for years and they started that way back with Stargate. Running 10 episodes allows them to get better deals on programming and allows them to try out twice as many shows to see if one sticks. Both Showtime and HBO as well as AMC ( Walking Dead ), TNT ( Falling Skies ), USA, etc. rotate out 10 episodes four times a year and introduce new series at least twice a year.

I don't think breaks in airing shows has as much impact now, with DVRs, as it did before we had the ability to schedule recordings based on program name. The only impact it might have is with folks that were " on the fence " about devoting time to watching a program. Most of those folks will see the break as an opportunity to delete it and move on. I did that with the new V series. Watched the first set of 10 episodes and decided that the characters would always be two-dimensional and wooden. 10 episodes went by without a single visitor swallowing a rat. It would have been nice to see Anna ( Morena Baccarin ) swallow a rat.

The cable networks can get away with it,the networks usually fail miserably.Those long gaps basically killed,Jericho,Flash Forward,and The Event.

Next Episode: Season 1, Episode 13

Monday, April 8, 2013

"The Song Remains the Same": Neville is faced with danger and difficult decisions; Rachel embarks on a dangerous journey to the tower as she tries to restore the power and her self-respect.

S~

Monday, April 8, 2013

"The Song Remains the Same": Neville is faced with danger and difficult decisions; Rachel embarks on a dangerous journey to the tower as she tries to restore the power and her self-respect.

S~

This is getting interesting ....
Some want the Power back on, while others don't.

This is getting interesting ....
Some want the Power back on, while others don't.

Yeah. I wonder what would happen if they do get the power back on. Will those that don't try to turn it back off?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)