Revolution

VOICE = Ratings cash cow
Revolution = Not so much

My 5$ says someone at NBC did the math and determined 10pm news coverage would have greater ratings and a first run episode of Revolution.
Corporations always look out for their bottom line.... always!

That's possible, however Revolutions ratings were actually up, even going against the NCAA Finals on CBS

If NBC was really concerned about people's sensitivity to "bombs," it would have preempted ALL of its programing(because they're ALL "bombs",ba da bing) & simply go off the air.

For those of you recording Revolution and record 1st Run Only, seeing it wasn't on because of the events in Boston ...

Don't forget to DELETE it off your DVR before next Monday .... IF you record 1st Run Only and you leave it on, the DVR will think it's a Repeat in most cases ... it all depends on if the Original Air Date has been changed in the guide that your provider gets.

If you have a Hopper w/ PTAT enabled, no worries ;)

True, it records EVERYTHING, whether you want it or not, I guess.

I personally wouldn't want 80+ hours of programming to be recorded each month taking up my HD space when I may want other things recorded. What a pain to have to be deleting all that stuff every week.

Can't you tell, I'm glad I don't have one to play with ? :)

Sorry, this would be better in a different thread.

True, it records EVERYTHING, whether you want it or not, I guess.

I personally wouldn't want 80+ hours of programming to be recorded each month taking up my HD space when I may want other things recorded. What a pain to have to be deleting all that stuff every week.

Can't you tell, I'm glad I don't have one to play with ? :)

Sorry, this would be better in a different thread.

Actually, PTAT is stored on its own partition, so even if you use it, it is not taking away space that you could record other stuff to anyway.

And, as stated, the deletes are handled automatically, you can set the time period withing a set number of days.

Gotcha, can you tell it to Not record networks?

I have mine set to record all, but if I am not mistaken, and someone will correct if I am, you can set it to specific broadcast networks that PTAT covers. Personally, I am not sure why one would want to, because as stated above, it is not taking your personal DVR space by recording them all versus just one or two channels.

Yikes! I can see pushing the final two episodes back a week or two...but two months? :eek: Again, people will completely forget about this show in two months, only to have it go back on hiatus for another 3-1/2 months.

At NBC's rate, Season 1's finale will air the week before season 2's premiere.

Gotcha, can you tell it to Not record networks?
It ONLY records the Big 4 networks (ABC, CBS, FOX, and NBC). You can pick which networks to record, i.e. only ABC or all of them except for FOX, and so on. I think you can set it to record per day as well, i.e. only record M-F and not Saturday and Sunday.

Actually, PTAT is stored on its own partition, so even if you use it, it is not taking away space that you could record other stuff to anyway.

And, as stated, the deletes are handled automatically, you can set the time period withing a set number of days.

I have mine set to record all, but if I am not mistaken, and someone will correct if I am, you can set it to specific broadcast networks that PTAT covers. Personally, I am not sure why one would want to, because as stated above, it is not taking your personal DVR space by recording them all versus just one or two channels.

I did not know this, but thats good ... makes more sense that way ...

It ONLY records the Big 4 networks (ABC, CBS, FOX, and NBC). You can pick which networks to record, i.e. only ABC or all of them except for FOX, and so on. I think you can set it to record per day as well, i.e. only record M-F and not Saturday and Sunday.
So theres a lot of flexibility to it ...

At NBC's rate, Season 1's finale will air the week before season 2's premiere.

Provided there IS a second season to premiere. ;) Don't know about you but MY glass is half-empty on this one. :)

I'm fully expecting a 3-hour-long block of that craptacular The Voice this fall on Monday prime time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)