RF remote question

atomichicken

Original poster
Mar 29, 2008
I have a 622 and 625 that are setup in dual mode most of the time. Lately, I have noticed that any recorded program that I lock with the IR remote, I can delete with the RF remote without entering my 4 digit code. Other than hiding the RF remote, is there any other way to fix this?

Have you locked TV2? The receiver stores different security settings for each TV, not for each receiver (in the case of 2 TV dual tuner receivers). If only TV1 has a passcode set, then you will not have to enter one to delete anything from TV2

No, i didn't think of that. Until a few months ago, I had been using the receiver in single mode, so i wasn't necessary. I'll take a look at it. Thanks for the help.

Have you locked TV2? The receiver stores different security settings for each TV, not for each receiver (in the case of 2 TV dual tuner receivers). If only TV1 has a passcode set, then you will not have to enter one to delete anything from TV2

Could you explain this further? If a TV is locked then does that mean that nothing can be displayed? If for instance you have "TV1" on channel 33 and "TV2" on channel 35 how does that work with security? If "TV1" isn't referring to receiver 1 then it doesn't make sense since you can direct a program to any TV that is connected. Aren't TV1 and TV2 really synonyms for receiver 1 and receiver 2? If I understand correctly -

Output from the receiver named "TV1" goes out via HDMI, component* (RGB), composite* (yellow RCA or S-video) and coax**.
Output from the receiver named "TV2" goes out via composite* (yellow RCA only) and coax**.

*separate audio via red and white RCA **a single coax output is shared by TV1 and TV2

The actual TV (viewing box) is irrelevant to the signal source which is why I don't understand why both remotes aren't UHF. You can't control TV1 at a distance with an IR-only remote (without repeaters). Or do I have this completely bassackwards?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)