RG59 in the Bedroom

You're not going to burn out a receiver, especially with a "few feet."

There's some cases where new cable simply can't be run, in that case you don't have much of a choice.

The OP never said a "few feet", nor anything else about distance. Us "mamby pambies" think he should get his wiring up to speed for assurance and future-sake.

Obviously Dish Network receivers can survive much harsher treatment than a little bit of RG-59 in the line. :rolleyes:
Yea you keep thinking that, I however know the truth about the quality of dish receivers having replaced enough to fill several semi trailers over 6 years and ask anyone around here about the first 9xx series hd receiver and how well it worked.

I do agree that 59 won't burn out a receiver, if anything the receiver will burn out the line with the voltage it passes through to the lnbf's and switches. If a receiver burns out its usually either due to a manufacturing issue or a contaminate such as liquid or prolonged exposure to dust being introduced or the vent louvers being covered.

Which of you posting in this thread have a degree in Electrical Engineering, and have some experience in designing high frequency circuits and transmission line analysis? I do. Some of you obviously don't, based on the idiotic statements being posted.

Which of you posting in this thread have a degree in Electrical Engineering, and have some experience in designing high frequency circuits and transmission line analysis? I do. Some of you obviously don't, based on the idiotic statements being posted.
I suggest you let it be.;)

broadcast engineering

Does having a degree in broadcast engineering count?

Which of you posting in this thread have a degree in Electrical Engineering, and have some experience in designing high frequency circuits and transmission line analysis?
Anyone with a degree in Electrical Engineering knows that frequency response and impedance have very little to do with whether or not RG59 will work for DBS IF transmission. All but the lossiest RG59 should pass the frequencies required unless the runs are very long.

The issue is usually one of simple DC resistance and whether or not the RG59 can pass enough current to drive the switchgear. No Fourier series required.

You will be fine with the RG59. From my sat dish to the entry of my house is RG6, but everything in in my house is RG59. About 30 feet of RG59 to my VIP 622 and 722 receivers. Everything has worked just fine for the last 3 years and I live in Alaska with weak signals. Don't let the negative naysayers get to you, there are a lot of so called experts out there who don't have any experience to back up their comments.

degree

You will be fine with the RG59. From my sat dish to the entry of my house is RG6, but everything in in my house is RG59. About 30 feet of RG59 to my VIP 622 and 722 receivers. Everything has worked just fine for the last 3 years and I live in Alaska with weak signals. Don't let the negative naysayers get to you, there are a lot of so called experts out there who don't have any experience to back up their comments.

Some of us have degrees in this area.

Had an engineer tell a customer I could put his dish at the north end of a narrow walkway between a three story house and a two story garage because as he said all the satellites were due south of Detroit:rolleyes: Lab works one thing, being out in the field is another and thats something that few if any engineers ever experience and I'm sure that others could give some stellar examples of what an engineering degree can do.

done both

Had an engineer tell a customer I could put his dish at the north end of a narrow walkway between a three story house and a two story garage because as he said all the satellites were due south of Detroit:rolleyes: Lab works one thing, being out in the field is another and thats something that few if any engineers ever experience and I'm sure that others could give some stellar examples of what an engineering degree can do.

I've done field work & have a degree.

bottom line:

Will it work? Yes it will.

Will I have problems using it? Yes and no..depends on alot of factors.

Is it best to just replace it with RG6 and not worry about issues in the future? YES!

Do I need to make sure I have no splitters or low freq (white center) barrels in line? YES!!!

Does everyone here have a clue what they are talking about? Some do...but in the end its your decision.

chk

bottom line:

Will it work? Yes it will.

Will I have problems using it? Yes and no..depends on alot of factors.

Is it best to just replace it with RG6 and not worry about issues in the future? YES!

Do I need to make sure I have no splitters or low freq (white center) barrels in line? YES!!!

Does everyone here have a clue what they are talking about? Some do...but in the end its your decision.

Good summary:up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts