Roger Goodell Think HDTV Is Killing NFL Ticket Sales

Yeah, it only benefits the host city in the form of hundreds of millions of dollars into the local economy they'd otherwise never see, but if YOU can't afford to go what's the point?

Except if they move it to London, they will NOT get that economic benefit the same way they would in the USA .

Except if they move it to London, they will NOT get that economic benefit the same way they would in the USA .

I don't expect either an expansion team or a Super Bowl in London, but pretty sure nobody here can gauge any changes in the economic impact an event watched by over 100m people brings to a city. It will be a big deal no matter where it is at, there are just a myriad of other reasons it should stay in the states.

I don't expect either an expansion team or a Super Bowl in London, but pretty sure nobody here can gauge any changes in the economic impact an event watched by over 100m people brings to a city. It will be a big deal no matter where it is at, there are just a myriad of other reasons it should stay in the states.

Money is a HUGE one !

I think if the game ever goes to London, they will alienate all the fans here. I dont even know why its even an issue for Goodell.

I would gladly guy $100 for our family of three to have premium seats to a NFL game: 3 premium tickets @ $20, parking @ $10, hot dog, soft drink and snack @ $10 x 3 = $30. If Goodell does this he will fill the stands. ;)

I'm a MLB tigers season ticket holder and attend 80% of the home games. The only games I do not attend are Sunday 1pm games and Thursday 1 pm games.

12noon NFL Sunday games are even worse due to the fact I have to get there even earlier than an MLB game.

Sundays don't work for me, where as a baseball game after work does.

Besides that, the lions still suck.

Also you need to factor in basketball and hockey, where as those sports don't compete with the MLB for fans during the summer.

Having a mediocre product, and ticket prices, and all the other associated costs with going to games is what is affecting ticket sales. The cost of a family of four to attend one game per year is north of $250 dollars not including travel, parking and food. Most people can't afford this.

John

I would gladly guy $100 for our family of three to have premium seats to a NFL game: 3 premium tickets @ $20, parking @ $10, hot dog, soft drink and snack @ $10 x 3 = $30. If Goodell does this he will fill the stands. ;)

Good luck with that!

OUR SEASON TICKETS $65 EACH. 10 rows from the top of the stadium and then $6.00 beer, $5.75 soda, $4 pretzel, $5 hot chocolate for those cold games. Parking - $25 and up. We take light rail and that's still $8 r/t each.

Good luck with that!

OUR SEASON TICKETS $65 EACH. 10 rows from the top of the stadium and then $6.00 beer, $5.75 soda, $4 pretzel, $5 hot chocolate for those cold games. Parking - $25 and up. We take light rail and that's still $8 r/t each.

That's why the seats are empty...it's too expensive, which is another reason why I love College Football and others love High School Football. Other factors include local (HDTV) coverage, but that's been the case for the past 50+ years...the picture is just a little nicer. So what is Goodell's solution? Downrez or provide only watered-down SD feeds like Dish Network? That's never gonna happen. People are hurting, the average household incomes in down, and they aren't going to splurge hundreds of dollars to attend a football game. Plus, why does Goodnell seemed surprised given the long-term downturn in the economy? What a turd to blame HDTV. He needs to cut players salaries and expect lower profits.

Good luck with that!

25 and up for parking??!! I think I'd walk from my house to the game.

That's why the seats are empty...it's too expensive, which is another reason why I love College Football and others love High School Football. Other factors include local (HDTV) coverage, but that's been the case for the past 50+ years...the picture is just a little nicer. So what is Goodell's solution? Downrez or provide only watered-down SD feeds like Dish Network? That's never gonna happen. People are hurting, the average household incomes in down, and they aren't going to splurge hundreds of dollars to attend a football game. Plus, why does Goodnell seemed surprised given the long-term downturn in the economy? What a turd to blame HDTV. He needs to cut players salaries and expect lower profits.

Where does it say he is surprised?

They are working to improve the in-stadium experience.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Good luck with that!

$6 for a beer, thats pretty cheap, but $ 5.75 for a soda is quite a bit.

25 and up for parking??!! I think I'd walk from my house to the game.

On a positive note, I am once again being inundated with free tickets to the Washington Bullets...er, I man Wizards. I'll pass...I'm not much of an NBA fan these days, and it's not worth my time and effort to watch one of these snoozefests. I love to see Costco take ownership of a team so members can enjoy $1.50 hotdogs w/drink and $1.99 slices of pizza. :)

Of course they are, this gives them another chance to charge you more money.

Not really, it's to compete with the HD + information at your fingerprints in-home experience. So many people spend Sundays watching more than one game at a time, monitoring fantasy teams, etc. That is their competition, and the point if the original article.

The venom and pessimism in this thread is a bit over the top.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

On a positive note, I am once again being inundated with free tickets to the Washington Bullets...er, I man Wizards. I'll pass...I'm not much of an NBA fan these days, and it's not worth my time and effort to watch one of these snoozefests. I love to see Costco take ownership of a team so members can enjoy $1.50 hotdogs w/drink and $1.99 slices of pizza. :)

And our COSTCO membership goes up to $ 150 a year ?

Ricky Hatton vs. Vyacheslav Senchenko

Thoughts to Ponder-NFL Edition

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)