Roger Goodell Think HDTV Is Killing NFL Ticket Sales

Not really, it's to compete with the HD + information at your fingerprints in-home experience. So many people spend Sundays watching more than one game at a time, monitoring fantasy teams, etc. That is their competition, and the point if the original article.

The venom and pessimism in this thread is a bit over the top.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

The addl. info they are trying to put into the stadium ... you think your gonna get for FREE ?

The devices will be at your seat and your seats will cost even more.
Adding to and already overpriced ticket price.

The addl. info they are trying to put into the stadium ... you think your gonna get for FREE ?

The devices will be at your seat and your seats will cost even more.
Adding to and already overpriced ticket price.

They are showing scores from other games more frequently/consistently, providing WiFi, showing the video seen during replay on the in-stadium monitors, etc. There are programs involving handheld devices that give access to red zone/other games also I believe. Not familiar with the costs involved.

Man, post after post of FUD in this thread, sheesh.

They are showing scores from other games more frequently/consistently, providing WiFi, showing the video seen during replay on the in-stadium monitors, etc. There are programs involving handheld devices that give access to red zone/other games also I believe. Not familiar with the costs involved.

Man, post after post of FUD in this thread, sheesh.

The handheld devices was where I was going with it.

FUD ?
"Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt"

You are finding FEAR, Uncertainty and Doubt in this thread ?

I see a lot of Speculation, but theres nothing wrong with that.

The handheld devices was where I was going with it.

FUD ?
"Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt"

You are finding FEAR, Uncertainty and Doubt in this thread ?

I see a lot of Speculation, but theres nothing wrong with that.

FUD = the constant 'yeah but what are they going to charge me for that now' skepticism without bothering to learn more about the topic. Why do I know more about this and not even live in an NFL city?

Fanvision appears to have evolved into a subscription/rental model, articles about it from 2010 indicate the Jets gave them away to their club-level ticket purchasers. http://www.fanvision.com/

Note I said 2010, this is all not a new thing, and has been a problem they've been chipping away at for years.

FUD = the constant 'yeah but what are they going to charge me for that now' skepticism without bothering to learn more about the topic. Why do I know more about this and not even live in an NFL city?

Fanvision appears to have evolved into a subscription/rental model, articles about it from 2010 indicate the Jets gave them away to their club-level ticket purchasers. http://www.fanvision.com/

Note I said 2010, this is all not a new thing, and has been a problem they've been chipping away at for years.

I knew they were out there ...

The fact that they are NOT free, adds addl. revenue to thier pockets, the Jets giving them away Free one year doesn't mean it will stay that way and chances are they added the cost into the Season Ticket package somewhere.

A quick look at the link you posted shows a RENTAL cost another $ 99 a year for starters and that doesn't include the Subscription.

Ricky Hatton vs. Vyacheslav Senchenko

Thoughts to Ponder-NFL Edition

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)