S223 is out

blackjackmark said:
People still have land lines? :cool: (just kidding!)

I was thinking the same thing...you bet me to the punch. I think the priority maybe low on this one.

People still have land lines? :cool: (just kidding!)

I was thinking the same thing...you bet me to the punch. I think the priority maybe low on this one.
Sure they do. But, perhaps not in the traditional sense, as many have moved over to VOIP.

Audio quality is almost always better than cellular. You can use a multi-handset system, so there are handsets all over your home. And, the right plan will give you unlimited International calling, which is important for a lot of people.

If I was 20, I might live without a home phone. But, barring financial hardship, I wouldn't give it up at this point in life. Of course, if I couldn't afford both, cellular would win.

smokey982 said:
Sure do. I have ooma and pay a whopping $4 a month. Includes free long distance too! :)

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Magic jack is the way we have gone for the past couple years. Nice to have a home phone, nicer to not pay for it monthly. :)

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

:D
Magic jack is the way we have gone for the past couple years. Nice to have a home phone, nicer to not pay for it monthly. :)

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

Ditto...Keep our land line phone number and cost about $20 a year. Works great:D

I never said that everything is free of bugs, but Dish is notorious for their bugs. If you ask me, they don't seem to have an actual professional team that works on the receiver software. The software has characteristics of being designed by an overworked amateur dev team straight outta their own garage.

Very few have subscribed longer than I have to Dish. So let me just say, I AGREE! :)

Some of their receiver's software was actually comical over the years. More recently their receiver's software is better than in the past.

Is hopper list integration going to take up too much moca bandwidth is that why we are not going to see it anytime soon or ever?

keckge said:
Is hopper list integration going to take up too much moca bandwidth is that why we are not going to see it anytime soon or ever?

I don't know but personally I'm OK with not having to wade through 3 Hoppers' worth of recordings. The drop-down menu works great here. Unless you're talking about the timers and in that case I just use a Joey to manage all the Hoppers. I also like having the timers separated, personally.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)