SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Discussion - Week Ending 09/22/2007

This is going to be the best year of NHL hockey in HD ever!!!!! NHL network HD, Versus HD, NBC HD, HDNET and all the NHL CI HD CHANNELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey I wonder if NBC will have multiplew games in HD this season, hopefully we can see those on CI HD.

What a great use of space if successful. There should be some holes around for 1 HD channel here and there mixed with the SD channels. Of course if the HD channel bitstarves the SD channels more than they are that's a problem.

I assume that all those NBA and NHL HD's will actually end up being pointers in the long run to the uplinked RSN's so that people outside of those RSN operating areas will be able to see the feed?

What a great use of space if successful. There should be some holes around for 1 HD channel here and there mixed with the SD channels. Of course if the HD channel bitstarves the SD channels more than they are that's a problem.

Actually it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to downgrade the MPEG4 HD streams to QPSK.

EDIT: After second thought.... aren't the 311's 8PSK capable? Plus the retired MPEG2 HD receivers can do 8PSK. Might be part of the move to more 8PSK TP's possibly.

Last edited:
... aren't the 311's 8PSK capable? Plus the retired MPEG2 HD receivers can do 8PSK. Might be part of the move to more 8PSK TP's possibly.
The 311's are, but the 5xx series of DVR's are not, and I don't think the 301 is either. Not to mention a lot of legacy receivers out there. I don't see SD moving to 8PSK any time soon.

kennya,

unless you care about NHL these HD channels mean very little. Good for those that care but for me it is not that great.... Hoping to see something that appeals to me.

The 311's are, but the 5xx series of DVR's are not, and I don't think the 301 is either. Not to mention a lot of legacy receivers out there. I don't see SD moving to 8PSK any time soon.

Oh I don't either...but I bet you there is a plan somewhere on paper at DishNetwork.

Love hockey, but wont get the C.I. package, so I was just wondering about the NHL Network.
It could go either way. The NFL channel is available to all, but the NBA-TV channels is for League pass or AEP/Sports pak customers.

So NHL Channel might just be part of AT??? or could be more exclusive. We will just have to wait for the answer.

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by itslef but the wrod as a wlohe.

LOL! As a dyslexic I saw absolutely nothing wrong in the last message. But RAransay's is totally illegible to me. I tried for a long time to read his messages, but gave up because they are completely unintelligible. I understand about his neurological condidion, but that doesn't mitigate the fact that it takes me several minutes to figure out what a single sensense says and even then I am guessing!

See ya
Tony

NHL in HD in fine, but what about the other channels? Or are they waiting till the SAt. Launch? I thought I was going to do with D* but I'm moving within the next year, found out I'll still be on the hook if I move when I can't get the service. I'm moving to a condo in downtown and mat not have a southern exposure balcony. So the only options is E*, can pay the $50 to omit the commitment!

You can check on:

http://www.dishchannelchart.com

PS You do realize that over 90% of people would respond to "What is DNC ?" with " Democratic National Committee " ? Or is that what you are actually saying ?

Thanks for the link! :)

As for the DNC part..."Dish Network Customer" is what it's supposed to stand for...I didn't consider the other meaning until someone else asked me the same question a year or two ago...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)