SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Discussion - Week Ending 12/22/2007

I am still betting on SciFi and USA HDs after the new year, when a 90 day period has gone by on DIRECTV. My current speculation is that the 110 HD TP doing the PPV (and now scifi/usa) will pick up 4 more HD channels out of AT100 for HD next month.

I wonder how long it will be before they finally say all HD is MPEG4. Perhaps move the MPEG-2 to the wings and make TP13 MPEG4 with the rest of AT100.

Is there any news on this? I've been checking for updates since the first report and have seen nothing new

Uhhh... so they could rename it FX-HD in the uplink table and drive us all crazy????

=NLK=

Not likely. Wrong channel range and wrong TP modulation scheme. It is the actual channel KTBS that was moved.

There isn't an uplink table. The uplink reports are derived from the actual channel maps the DishNetwork receivers use.

Why would you move ABC in Shreveport, LA off a spotbeam to a CONUS beam?

Even with the link below why would you move it?

Keep KTBS on Dish Network

are they serious, they want to get PAID for allowing dish to show their OTA channel? Someone really need to stand up to these local yokals.. if they want revenue aka viewers they should make their signal as available as they can.. if it doesn't cost them anything all the better.. if it does then I would expect to be compensated.. but I'm equally annoyed with the whole writter strike, they get paid for writting a script just like I get paid to write I program, I don't get paid residuals for an app unless I put that in my contract.. I don't think they should ALWAYS get paid residuals for their crap unless they work out a good contract.. anyway that rant was a bit off topic.. :p

So where' the HD? (I feel like an 80's commercial aka where' the beef)

KTBS said:
Dish Network charges about $6.00 a month for the local package. We're only asking for a penny a day per subscriber. We just want what's fair.
If they wan't to be fair, they should say. "Dish Network charges about 16 cents a day for the local package. We're only asking for 1 cent a day per subscriber. We just want what's fair." or "Dish Network charges about $5.00 a month for the local package. We're only asking for 30 cents a month per subscriber. We just want what's fair."
Of course they fail to mention that there are six other stations also in the market, and Dish actually has to spend money in equipment to uplink these channels. And they have the price wrong in the first place, it's $5.00 not $6.00

Last edited:
.. but I'm equally annoyed with the whole writter strike, they get paid for writting a script just like I get paid to write I program, I don't get paid residuals for an app unless I put that in my contract.. I don't think they should ALWAYS get paid residuals for their crap unless they work out a good contract.. anyway that rant was a bit off topic.. :p

Not to follow an off topic line, but this is what they are trying to do...work out a good contract.

Not likely. Wrong channel range and wrong TP modulation scheme. It is the actual channel KTBS that was moved.

There isn't an uplink table. The uplink reports are derived from the actual channel maps the DishNetwork receivers use.

Yea, well, I know nothing from uplinks but figured I'd throw it out. Thanks for the reasoned response to a post made part tongue-in-cheek, part out of frustration.

BTW: are we to infer from the reports posted for the last couple of weeks that SciFi-HD and USA-HD are still occupying those two valuable slots? Can you make any sense out of that?

=NLK=

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)