Saving shows from PTAT

Don't know exactly how. Go into your menu find the User's guide. Should have it in there.

Press the DVR button on the remote. Select the PTAT tile. Select what ever show you want and it will have a selection of more info, start over and save.

Can we set this up to do it automatically every time it records or will I have to this for every show everything it records?

It would be far more useful if opting to save a PTAT show would ask if future PTAT recordings of that show should be saved to the DVR shortly after PTAT recording as well. The problem with setting a recording is if I want to ensure I get every episode of The Office I am now using two tuners, one for PTAT and one for The Office which is already part of PTAT.

I'll have to play around with it some more. Unfortunately the brief rundown of features I got came from techs who had never done an install of this system before. If that's how it works then that would still get the same job done with the minimum tuners required. The option to do it from PTAT would just be a user preference between that or setting the recording then.

I asked this in another thread, but since we're talking about saving PTAT shows here:

Tonight would be a good night to test the PTAT overrun functionality on CBS due to basketball potentially running late. Can someone who has PTAT turned on save Amazing Race to their user portion of the DVR after the PTAT block is over? There were questions whether the saving of a title that started/ended late would pick up the correct start/stop times.

I dont think it will. Went to play around with PTAT and randomly selected Wheel of Fortune, on CBS, and got the tourney instead. Didn't save it to the DVR, will try it, but I think the outcome will be the same.

So I guess one would have to save the program and the one following it. That sucks. What happens when you save consecutive programs? Does it add buffer before and after each show, or does it do a "hard cut?"

I can't say. I don't think I have watched consecutive programs from PTAT yet. I would imagine that the next scheduled program would pick up where the previous left off.

In regard to setting a regular timer for a PT show with PTAT active and not using two tuners to do so, there are a couple of things still making me question this. When I look at the daily schedule, a PT show with a normal timer shows up with a line through it and states "skipped: PTAT event." Is this normal? Wiill the show still end up on the DVR side without using an additional tuner? If so, it just seem a little counterintuitive as to what is being stated by the DVR and what it will do.

Additionally, when I first set the timer for a PT show the yellow PT (PTAT indicator) disappeared from the guide. A few minutes later, it was back after going back to the guide. Has anyone noticed this?

I guess if nothing else I will know for sure at 7:00pm tonight when the normal timer I set should record a PT show with PTAT active.

I just checked all the PTAT recording from tonight and found some interesting things. I started with 60 minutes and noticed that it started recording at 7 and the first 40 some minutes of the show were basketball. Then 60 minutes started with 11 minutes left of the scheduled program. This is where things get interesting. The program just keeps running into the next time slot. So the title says amazing race but I'm still watching 60 minutes. Same thing goes with the amazing race. It treated it as one long recording. I was actually able to fast forward all the way through every primetime show to night all from the same selected recording from PTAT.

Note that the last primetime show was cut off early. All other shows were recorded just fine.

I just checked all the PTAT recording from tonight and found some interesting things. I started with 60 minutes and noticed that it started recording at 7 and the first 40 some minutes of the show were basketball. Then 60 minutes started with 11 minutes left of the scheduled program. This is where things get interesting. The program just keeps running into the next time slot. So the title says amazing race but I'm still watching 60 minutes. Same thing goes with the amazing race. It treated it as one long recording. I was actually able to fast forward all the way through every primetime show to night all from the same selected recording from PTAT.

Note that the last primetime show was cut off early. All other shows were recorded just fine.

Yep, same thing here. THe only way to get the whole program in one block was to have set a timer for it and to have had at least a 50 minute buffer!

Just what I suspected, Primetime is just four timers and the DVR show tiles are entry points. Dish lets the user figure out the shift, I like it.

rglore said:
Just what I suspected, Primetime is just four timers and the DVR show tiles are entry points. Dish lets the user figure out the shift, I like it.

It works. That's all that matters. I've been very impressed with the system so far.

But, what do you have to do to save a particular program to the user space, intact? I mean, after the fact, like, the next day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)