SCI/FI HD and USA HD Delayed till team summit?? (NOT CONFIRMED)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
This mid-May garbage had me bummed out so I called DISH and spoke to a csr. Of course I got the run around. I told him I was going to cancel if no new hd was on by 1 May. He told me there would be a cancel fee since my sub isn't up til Aug. I really don't care about the 50, I just want more hd now. Then he switched and focused on my 622 and how I would miss it if I left.

Anyway, I called D and was offered a great deal to come back(I had been a sub until last year from the time they took over Primestar). The rep I spoke to really upped the ante when he learned I had left D for E and was now possibly coming back. I also spoke with Comcast, which has both Sci and USA hd, among some others E doesn't have. I also just found out in the last two weeks that AT&T U-verse is now available to me. They have an offer of thre hd receivers with one being a hd dvr which can be programmed from my cell phone for $0. They have Sci hd and 5 HBO, 2 Cinemax, 3 Starz, 2 Show and 1 Movie Ch in hd. I have do do some research on U-verse since I don't know much about this service. But anyway, no more hd by 1 May,:waveDISH.

Is everything Dish adds now Mpeg4?

Ive noticed that the Voom channels have better PQ than some of the bigger name channels that are still mpeg2. NatGeo had been an exception, new programming like the Amercas Port show is pretty bad and I was under the impression it was HD.

I should know more tonight or tomorrow. But even if I find out they are coming this week I am not making a big deal out of it. :)

Maybe you should announce that you have confirmed with multiple sources that Dish Network will absolutely not be adding any new national HD channels this Wednesday. That way, no one can rag on you if they don't, and no one in their right mind would rag on you if they do.

And, if they do happen to light up SciFi and USA, then maybe you could try announcing that there is no absolutely no way that Dish will use a secret Russian water tentacle to push AMC-14 into it's correct orbit…

(hey, you never know) :D

I also just found out in the last two weeks that AT&T U-verse is now available to me. They have an offer of thre hd receivers with one being a hd dvr which can be programmed from my cell phone for $0. They have Sci hd and 5 HBO, 2 Cinemax, 3 Starz, 2 Show and 1 Movie Ch in hd. I have do do some research on U-verse since I don't know much about this service. But anyway, no more hd by 1 May,:waveDISH.
Uverse is only good if you only have one HD TV in your house.

If you have more then one you cant watch HD if someone else in the house is already using the single HD stream. Also the PQ for UVERSE on their HD is really bad.

Do your homework before signing up.

No FIOS is Fiber to the Home so that issue does not exist.

UVERSE is Fiber to the Node, meaning its one fiber for your entire neighborhood. Signals are sent down your normal telephone cables.

FIOS is MUCH MUCH better then UVERSE, only problem UVERSE has is that their HD lineup isnt as good as it once was. But they do send everything down as they received it with no additional compression.

Uverse is only good if you only have one HD TV in your house.

If you have more then one you cant watch HD if someone else in the house is already using the single HD stream. Also the PQ for UVERSE on their HD is really bad.

Do your homework before signing up.

Thanks for the info Scott. That would be unacceptable since I have 2 LCD's and 1 more coming within then next year. That really makes no sense having the capacity to watch only 1 hd tv.

No FIOS is Fiber to the Home so that issue does not exist.

UVERSE is Fiber to the Node, meaning its one fiber for your entire neighborhood. Signals are sent down your normal telephone cables.

Scott, AT&T in our area in Marietta is running fiber to the home, not just to the node. I asked the tech about it and he said this and the last area they did was fiber to the home.

Scott, AT&T in our area in Marietta is running fiber to the home, not just to the node. I asked the tech about it and he said this and the last area they did was fiber to the home.
According to uverseusers.com those that have fiber to the home are under the same restrictions, just like Fiber to the node customers.

It does not make any sense to me.

Like Scott has said in the past, I would look for a lot of hd in April and May.

Charlie will hold something back until the Team Summit so he can make a big deal out of it.:p

To the person posting about U-Verse having SciFi HD, that is not correct. They have a decent line-up but SciFi HD is most definitely not part of the service. I have kept my DISH account open for the time being because I cannot do with only one DVR as U-Verse uses right now. Like Scott said, do your homework before you do a full switch.

Yeah fiber to home makes a big difference and I think FIOS is mostly fiber to home to where with AT&T I think it depends where your at. Either way IPTV is just that I would compare it to cable and I think Sat TV has more advantages..

Yeah fiber to home makes a big difference and I think FIOS is mostly fiber to home to where with AT&T I think it depends where your at. Either way IPTV is just that I would compare it to cable and I think Sat TV has more advantages..
FIOS is fiber till it hits the ONT on the side of your house

FIOS is fiber till it hits the ONT on the side of your house

Right but some of the other IPTV or Telco's use fiber at the backbone but the rest runs across copper. Either way I think FIOS is probally the best out there as far as IPTV Service..

FIOS is NOT IPTV. It is basically cable service over fiber. So it is fast cable. IPTV works completely different and offers many advancements in the future. Some of FIOS pieces are delivered via IP but the actual video is delivered via standard cable processes.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Any New Channels Today 4-18-08

Tech Chat or Charlie Chat?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts