SCI/FI HD and USA HD Delayed till team summit?? (NOT CONFIRMED)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
FIOS is NOT IPTV. It is basically cable service over fiber. So it is fast cable. IPTV works completely different and offers many advancements in the future. Some of FIOS pieces are delivered via IP but the actual video is delivered via standard cable processes.

There still a Telco and yes some of there stuff is cable based but not all but overall Telco's most of them use all the same kind of network. It all depends on where you live and how they have things deployed in that area. It will differ from place to place and depends on how they decide to provide their video service.

FIOS is NOT IPTV. It is basically cable service over fiber. So it is fast cable. IPTV works completely different and offers many advancements in the future. Some of FIOS pieces are delivered via IP but the actual video is delivered via standard cable processes.
umm not true..VOD offerings are true IPTV

It is nice to know that SciFi is not launching this week. It will keep be from being hopeful until Wednesday afternoon and then disappointed when it doesn't launch. I can get the disappointment over now and get over it.

Ted

UMM could be it is or could be soon, As Charlie said we will get it soon. Mayb not that soon, but sooner than later.

Er help I do not know what I,m posting about.

I'm beginning to believe that soon is another way of saying tomorrow which never comes. I feel like its groundhog day over and over and over and over and over....

For the guy switching to Uverse to get Sci-Fi HD....umm uverse doesnt have sci-fi HD. At least not in Columbus. They do however have The Science Channel in HD.

I'm going to go out on a limb here, and put my faith in the guy who says it was a technical glitch last week, and that things are set for Wednesday.

You know, the guy with 27,000 posts.

Who said it wasn't launching this week? I missed that post...

Well, technically, the name of the thread is "SCI/FI HD and USA HD Delayed till team summit??" with the appended "(NOT CONFIRMED)"—so there certainly was a post saying that, although the dependability of the source is unclear.

I just hope MGM HD isn't held for a month in order to ensure a big bang in mid-May...

For the guy switching to Uverse to get Sci-Fi HD....umm uverse doesnt have sci-fi HD. At least not in Columbus. They do however have The Science Channel in HD.

Thanks, I double checked and found you are 100% correct. U-verse has Science Channel HD not Sci-Fi. That leaves me with D or Comcast. Our local Comcast just added Disney Channel HD and ABC Family HD. They also have USA & Sci-FI in HD along with AMC HD which should make my wife happy. Thanks Again:up

What was the technical problem? Last minute penny pinching!:) I could see a technical problem if these channels were on a brand new never before used satellite, But to launch 2 channels to excisting satellites! Com'on if its this hard to launch 2 channels, whats going to happen when the others are launched.:rolleyes:

I could not agree more! As a member of the broadcast world by day and satelliteguy reader by night. I can not understand what technical issues they may be having. MPEG4 is MPEG4 uplink/downlink has not changed, encoders have not changed, the space was already allocated. If it was technical Charlie needs to hire new technical guys. local broadcasters/production companies all do sat uplinks everyday over this technology but a dish company such as dish network has "Technical issues" is it just me or does something smell! Microwave technology "AT&T Long lines 1951" has been around for longer then i've been on this earth.

-Upset HD customer-

FYI as soon as AT&T U-verse hits my driveway im going... As judging by this crap im not so sure I will be alone.

Currently neither FiOS nor Time Warner have SciFi HD or USA HD here in my area. My only option is to wait or switch to DirecTV.

I would almost be willing to bet that Dish Network turns those channels on before Verizon or TWC. Since I really like my 622 (and Dish Network service overall) compared to any of the other options I am going to wait. OK, at least until my commitment is up in August! :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts