Scott it is April 30th, where is Dish's major HD?

Oy, I can't believe this debate is still going on...it's May 1st...there's no new national HD channels.....get over it already and move on.....it will come when E* says it will and not before....I am perfectly satisfied with what I have right now....I do wish that E* would focus on improving the picture quality we now have instead of adding more HD channels that most people probably won't watch anyway. If people need those extra channels now, switch to D* and stop complaining already...the choice is simple and it's yours to make.

Oy, I can't believe this debate is still going on...it's May 1st...there's no new national HD channels.....get over it already and move on.....it will come when E* says it will and not before....I am perfectly satisfied with what I have right now....I do wish that E* would focus on improving the picture quality we now have instead of adding more HD channels that most people probably won't watch anyway. If people need those extra channels now, switch to D* and stop complaining already...the choice is simple and it's yours to make.

Well said....................

I can't wait to our SatelliteGuys Meet and Greet in Nashville in a few weeks, I am going to be able to share some great stories

Maybe at the Meet and Greet, you should relay to Mr Charlie, that many of us are at the end of plank and ready to jump ship once and for all, because of the attitude of the Management of Dish/Echostar leaves a bad taste in the mouths of long time subs of Dish; for the reasons we have constantly posted for months.

Last edited:
If people need those extra channels now, switch to D* and stop complaining already...the choice is simple and it's yours to make.

But don't, under any circumstances, post that you are leaving ... Because we know how much that irritates some of the people here, and you'll get a ton of hate posts. I personally think that everyone that leaves Dish for greener HD pastures should write a letter to ceo@echostar.com telling them that they have left and why. One or two might not make a difference, but if somehow everyone that was leaving for that reason did it, someone might actually sit up and take notice.

But don't, under any circumstances, post that you are leaving ... Because we know how much that irritates some of the people here, and you'll get a ton of hate posts. I personally think that everyone that leaves Dish for greener HD pastures should write a letter to ceo@echostar.com telling them that they have left and why. One or two might not make a difference, but if somehow everyone that was leaving for that reason did it, someone might actually sit up and take notice.

Actually; whereas it looks like I will be forced to leave, (because I seriousily doubt Dish will ever add MSG-HD and YES Network) I will make a point of sending the ceo a snail mail letter.

I sent the dish a email last week telling them the had until my June billing cycle, to add my hd locals, msg-hd and YES; or I would be forced to switch to Directv or even worse TWC; both which offer those channels. I have yet to get any response, other than the mass email of your locals coming "soon".:(

That would work if you could get a signal from DirecTV. Or even better yet a signal from Dish Network(Techs have been here since 8 am and can't get a signal on 2 of my TVs).

Did DISH take measures yesterday to improve their picture quality?

I watched several shows last night on several different channels and checked out several other channels during commercials. It looks like to me they have made adjustments to improve picture quality on the HD channels. They all look to me to be greatly improved !
No more major micro blocking on fast movements and fade outs and ins.

Duane

P.S. reply to richiephx's comment about improving picture quality

Last edited:
Actually; whereas it looks like I will be forced to leave, (because I seriousily doubt Dish will ever add MSG-HD and YES Network) I will make a point of sending the ceo a snail mail letter.

I sent the dish a email last week telling them the had until my June billing cycle, to add my hd locals, msg-hd and YES; or I would be forced to switch to Directv or even worse TWC; both which offer those channels. I have yet to get any response, other than the mass email of your locals coming "soon".:(
Your letter and your email will go into the same Dish trashcan that all the YES complaints go into. If YES is critical to you, don't bother waiting until June. It won't be there, and you'll have wasted six weeks of baseball season.

Why would u want MSG-HD in June
Why June for MSG-HD? Hockey is over!! As far as YES Oh Well..might as well switch now

Let's look at the realistic side of the debate over staying with E* or going to another provider if programming desires aren't met. If anyone takes a look at the average view numbers at any one time out of a 24 hr day, of this forum, it would be difficult to imagine that if ALL viewers terminated service with E*, that this would result in a change in E*'s plans. The goal of any business is to provide the goods and services that will, in the long run, continue the success of that venture. Threats will not ensure any change in the long term plans that E* is trying to accomplish. The persons following the daily events of this forum are but a very small % of those that are perfectly happy with the plan that E* is following. I'm sure that constructive suggestions directed to E* are well received.

The more E* HD customers that leave because they don't like what they get, the more used & burned in MPEG 4 recievers there will be for us who look forward to the EA & we will be able to get for free, or low cost...

The faster the EA gets on line, the more bandwidth will open up, creating room for more HD, then those who left will be on the D* forum saying I'm going to E*... kind of a never ending loop, don't 'cha think???

When HBO Showtime and National Geographic go
from MPEG 2 to MPEG 4 will they have room to add more
HD Channels?

I am getting sick and tired of the ill comments on this site towards Scott. Scott has gone above and beyond for all of us and continues to provide the latest and greatest information. The fact that once again he shared what "he heard" is no reason for him to be blamed for Dish's shortcomings. Anyway's, wake up people . . . if Dish added every channel tomorrow that is available in HD, that does not guarantee HD programming! Dish's new ad campaign should challenge Direct to answer how much HD programming they actually have, not how many HD channels!

Its not the providers fault that "X" channel doesnt have tons of HD content. Its like being mad at Target because their Coke taste better then their Pepsi. Its the companies fault for the lack of HD programing. Dish or Direct does not tell Sci Fi to only have a few programs in HD. It doesn't happen like that.

If you go by the all or nothing tactic, then not even all the locals would be available either.

On a side note, wouldn't it be hard for every channel to be 24/7 Hd with old tv shows such as friends or sienfield that was never filmed in HD??

Last edited:

Island Guy,

As a proud former New Yorker,

I feel your pain. I have dish but brought in Direc because of MSGHD(Ny RANGERS) and CI.

While I and am enamored with Direcs programming, there machines are unstable.
That has been my experince. I have been through 4 units HR20s in the past 6 months.

I wont give up on dish because their DVRS are the best machines to date-TRUST me on this.

Do what I did if you can swing the extra cash. Get Direc with a limited package. Sports pack.

Im reluctant to dump dish beause I do think they will get what we want. Just not as fast as we would like.

Hang in there.

Joel