Scott's Crystal Ball Prdictions (A PLEA TO DISH NETWORK)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Foxbat said:
At least you won't be camped outside in the snow and cold with a bunch of Gamers... You can sleep in your own bed and when the alarm goes off at 6:00 or so, reach over, hit the Speed Dial (oh, come on! We ALL have 1-800-333-DISH programmed into our phones, don't we?) and after spinning the CSR roulette wheel, a new shiny ViP receiver will be on its way.:D

I wish it was on its way, but it will be three weeks until my 622 shows up (assuming they don't blow that date by running out of boxes due to a supply imbalance by then)

activating Mpeg2 receivers.......

jsanders said:
That ain't true. You can actiave them, you just can't activate HD Programming with them. If you already have HD programming, you can view it on them. If you don't, you can actiavte it with an MEG-4 receiver and view it on one. They won't take away OTA HD, regardless of which scenrio you fall in.
Makes one wonder how long Dish will allow those who already have HD on an Mpeg2 receiver to keep it? My hopes are that by that time most of the Mpeg4 bugs are worked out, Dish will be offering "real" incentives for the Mpeg2 people to give it up rather than just pulling the plug on them. I hope for the best but expect the worst.

At some point in time there will be a mandatory swap. It all comes down to when they want to turn off the HD Mpeg2 streams. My guess...... May 2007.

Assuming that 10% of STBs in use are HD capable (that number may be high), that gives them 5 quarters to manufacture 2-3 million STBs. That SHOULD be doable.....

Looking for Dish Customers in Colorado

Greetings,
I'm looking to speak to Dish and DirecTV subscribers about rate increases and the quality of the service (compared to how much they pay).

Please drop me a line via e-mail. I'll need to use your first and last name and town.

I've got a ton of Comcast customers, but really need to talk to more satellite customers.

Thanks,
Kimberly Johnson
Business Reporter
The Denver Post
kjohnson@denverpost.com

Both........

Then again, given E*'s predilection to let predictions slip (say THAT 10x fast), that may go to the end of next year.....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts