SEC Network Launches August 14 Channel 611

Status
Please reply by conversation.
When Finebaum made the announcement about Time warner and Bright house he seemed pretty sure more announcements would be coming. Like others have said Charter and Direct are the 2 big ones left.

Finebaum is probably the most tuned-in pundit covering the SEC. Confidence is high.

BTW, does anyone remember when the Big Ten Network launched in 2007? That was down to the wire too for DirecTV. I suspect they've trotted out that negotiation strategy and dusted it off for the SEC.

Oh, and make no mistake about it: SEC football's fan base is national. Take it from this Bronx, N.Y., native living in Des Moines, Iowa, who couldn't care less about the Big Ten but follows the SEC religiously!

Reactions: texasfb
If Directv if rumors are true, signing a long-term deal, they should come out and announce it, There's a lot of college football fans that want to know before they decide on switching providers.
Again THEY CAN'T ANNOUNCE IT UNTIL THE CONTRACT IS FINALIZED AND SIGNED.

If people are switching now because of this then DIRECTV shouldn't have waited so long to say that they wanted this channel. Before they were very against picking up this channel.

Again THEY CAN'T ANNOUNCE IT UNTIL THE CONTRACT IS FINALIZED AND SIGNED.

If people are switching now because of this then DIRECTV shouldn't have waited so long to say that they wanted this channel. Before they were very against picking up this channel.
I guess they waited to see what the reaction would be from the majority of their customers before they changed their stance on this channel. That was probably a misstep on directs part.

Reactions: Scott Greczkowski
There are several games on the network that most SEC fans will want to see. Just in the first four weeks there are games like Auburn/Arkansas, Tennessee/Utah St and Florida/Kentucky. While those aren't the feature ESPN games they are very good games that most want to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All SEC games are worth watching to someone. All the schools have huge followings. Who wouldn't watch Florida Kentucky?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

All SEC games are worth watching to someone. All the schools have huge followings. Who wouldn't watch Florida Kentucky?

huge gator fan here for almost 50 years and i have no desire to watch florida play kentucky.

Then I am doubting the "huge" in your fan ranking.

please, i started following gator football probably before you were born. i've been to games at the swamp. just because i have no interest in kentucky doesn't diminish my support.

There was a person on one of the sec message boards last night that said a salesman at BestBuy told them that DirecTV will have the sec network by launch and an announcement would be made about the 1st of August He said it was one of those salespersons in bestbuy that try to get people to sign up for DirecTV. tifwiw He said the salesman worked for Direct

So go to a bar or a friend's house for a week or two if necessary.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)