SEC Network Launches August 14 Channel 611

Status
Please reply by conversation.
And I'm as excited or more so about it because of the other sports. Basketball should get a big bump in televised games , and baseball too.

Reactions: JerryVolunteer
So go to a bar or a friend's house for a week or two if necessary.
That's certainly an option for some. Not for others.

I prefer, since I am spending money on these big HD TVs, to watch them in the comfort of my own home if possible.

While I also enjoy a game at a bar or a party at someone else's home, I wouldn't want to be forced into that given a choice.

The bars here have Directv or Time Warner Cable so, as of this moment, going out would not be an option.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

If the SEC is so important, and I'm sure it is to you guys, then the bars there will have moved to Dish before the 28th. I don't see jumping ship early on if you have to have the SEC if that's the only reason to switch. Directv will most likely get it before the 28th, and if not, soon after. Have a fallback plan besides switching!

I have a plan bye bye d if the sec is not on d by then . Peoples here are leaving d.

I BELIEVE THEY WILL HAVE IT TO. I REALLY DON'T WANT THE HOPPER. I LIKE MY GENIE.
Have you ever used a Hopper? I had a Genie too before I switched, I like the Hopper ALOT better, of course that is my take on it, you might not like it. Just an observation from someone that has used both. BTW, Dish having the SEC Network played no small part in my decision to switch.

Have you ever used a Hopper? I had a Genie too before I switched, I like the Hopper ALOT better, of course that is my take on it, you might not like it. Just an observation from someone that has used both. BTW, Dish having the SEC Network played no small part in my decision to switch.

Having had both myself, I'd say they are comparable if you get a super Joey with the hopper.

Both are fantastic.

I have teams that I watch heavily in the pac12 and SEC. I have been considering the jump to dish for 2 years now and almost made the move until the recent chatter about the SEC deal on the way. Now I have planned an install date with dish for Sept after season starts just in case this deal with direct falls through. I wish to stay with direct because my pac team sucks so bad I cannot bear to watch them anyhow. My real reason is that I do not want to purchase my own tailgator/pathway and receiver for my RV. I have old eqiuipment and my 18" round portable dish can be set up anywhere very quickly even on unlevel ground.
Now after speaking to an directtv agent over the weekend she told me that all SD programming would be coming to an end very soon and all of my equipment would have to be replaced anyway. If that is the case then I am leaning toward dish because I don't have the patience to learn how to set up those triple LNB antennas at some of the places that I camp. My question is: Am I being sold by the CR to upgrade my equipment and get me back under contract, or is the end of SD tv really in the near future? The answer may help me decide how to address the pac 12/SEC issues. Thanks in advance!!

My patience's is getting very thin waiting for directv to add sec channel. I don't want to leave d and go to e. IF I cancelled d they add the sec next day if I change to e . Need some advice on this. Aug 1 was my deadline for this but I don't to change providers . We can't get cable here.

My patience's is getting very thin waiting for directv to add sec channel. I don't want to leave d and go to e. IF I cancelled d they add the sec next day if I change to e . Need some advice on this. Aug 1 was my deadline for this but I don't to change providers . We can't get cable here.

i would be willing to bet if you called dtv, threatening to leave, they would offer you enough goodies to entice you to stay. many people have found that out, took the offers and ended up staying.

What I would do is schedule the Dish install for a few weeks out, or at the weekend before or right after launch or the first game. Whichever time is best for you.
I would also call Directv and schedule a service cutoff for the day after the scheduled install.
That way you can be sure to get the channel when it launches if Directv does not get it by that time. If they do, and you want to stick with Directv, cancel the Dish install. Pretty simple.

That's what I say with my luck if I were to switch direct would probably get it the next day. From everything that is being said their probably going to get it anyway.

I would just wait; that's what I am doing. They are going to get it.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
I call d Thursday and told them I want to cancelled the csr reduce my bill by 20.00 and gave me the sunday max for free. He also told me D be stupid for not adding the sec channel. Not a good business move . I not under contract and don't care for nfl but I will watch Dallas Cowboys get beat.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts