SEC Network Launches August 14 Channel 611

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If ESPN's contract expires Sept/Oct, then SEC would have already started by then, Unless they decide to negotiate for that specific channel, Then the rest when contract expires.

But I don't think it works that way, because once you negotiate for SEC Network then they have to do the rest of the ESPN/Disney channels.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Think about Dish and Espn last fall. Contract expired, and nothing. Channels kept on, no ESPNUHD, no real info. Then bam, deal done. I do not think we will hear much but I fully expect this stuff to be worked out in the Summer.

They will get this done before season starts or I believe earlier in late June or July to be more specific!! :)

Last edited:
How much of the SEC Network is owned by ESPN vs the conference. I gather it will follow the ESPN graphics package and just be SEC oriented. Could the SEC have gone it alone without ESPN to grab a better deal from providers?

How much of the SEC Network is owned by ESPN vs the conference. I gather it will follow the ESPN graphics package and just be SEC oriented. Could the SEC have gone it alone without ESPN to grab a better deal from providers?

ESPN owns the channel.
The former SEC TV which was a syndicated setup where stations around the country could get the SEC 3rd best football game and basketball games. Here in Minnesota the CW in Minneapolis would pick up the 11:00AM game.
ESPN ran that under their "ESPN Plus" setup with SEC graphics. It will continue to have them.
Basically its going from a syndication deal to a cable channel

ESPN owns the channel.
The former SEC TV which was a syndicated setup where stations around the country could get the SEC 3rd best football game and basketball games. Here in Minnesota the CW in Minneapolis would pick up the 11:00AM game.
ESPN ran that under their "ESPN Plus" setup with SEC graphics. It will continue to have them.
Basically its going from a syndication deal to a cable channel
How much money does the SEC make out of the deal? Or does ESPN pocket all of it.

Well, I hope you're right. Maybe my search skills with DirecTV's alleged website just aren't up to snuff!

Well, I'm moving come July 17. If it's not signed by then, I'm gone to Dish or TWC and am not coming back. I'm really tired of screwing around with them and their refusal to carry the college networks. Now I'm sure the loss of my one account won't exactly put a spike through DirecTV :biggrin, but at least I'll be able to see the football games that I want.

Last edited:
Reactions: whitewolf8214
Well, I'm moving come July 17. If it's not signed by then, I'm gone to Dish or TWC and am not coming back. I'm really tired of screwing around with them and their refusal to carry the college networks. Now I'm sure the loss of my one account won't exactly put a spike through DirecTV :biggrin, but at least I'll be able to see the football games that I want.
What College networks ?

They have the Big Ten Net.
That was the first one, they will have the SEC Network in time, when they actually mean something, that would be when Football season comes.
They probably won't have the individual channels like the Longhorn Network, but thats just UT being GREEDY.
Had they decided on a Network for the teams in thier conference, I would have backed it.

Btw, how can you have a Network, if your the ONLY team on it ?

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)