SEC Network Launches August 14 Channel 611

Status
Please reply by conversation.
https://twitter.com/JBFlint
DirecTV CEO Mike White says company has agreed on rates for ESPN's SEC Network and is optimistic it will launch it.

New to the forums I have Dish. Saw this and thought you guys would like it looks like Directv is going to have the SEC Network on launch.

After seeing this post I just had to make a phone call to my friend who (let's say) lives near DTV HQ. He/She told me that information is correct. The deal is done. The only delay now is the legal teams who are finalizing everything. Once that's done, an official announcement will be made. He/She would not give me any timeline. I also asked about access to the WatchESPN service. He/She said they didn't know any details of the deal. Only that the deal was basically done and SEC Network will be available on Directv.

I would say 99% certainty the Watch ESPN will be added too as this was a point of contingency back in March.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

May be fake or a leak.
Comcast had a flyer sneak out a week or so before announcement.
I'm thinking someone plugged in Directv where another provider was to make it look real.

So we can all agree D* will be part of launch...so looking at the numbers...this has to be the largest launch of a new sports channel in awhile...I know ESPNU had some carriage issues....not sure how many subs Fox Sports 1 had but that was a special circumstance since it was really a rebranded channel.

Someone posted today on a LSU board he was told by a DirecTV rep its going to be on the choice package and above and an announcement would be made August 7th

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)