SEC Network Launches August 14 Channel 611

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Someone posted today on a LSU board he was told by a DirecTV rep its going to be on the choice package and above and an announcement would be made August 7th

i read on an sec football message board that 2 people were told choice extra and higher. hadn't heard the aug. 7 date but it wouldn't be shocking.

john121984 said:
Someone posted today on a LSU board he was told by a DirecTV rep its going to be on the choice package and above and an announcement would be made August 7th

Any idea about the channel number, full or part time HD and overflow channel(s)?

So we can all agree D* will be part of launch...so looking at the numbers...this has to be the largest launch of a new sports channel in awhile...I know ESPNU had some carriage issues....not sure how many subs Fox Sports 1 had but that was a special circumstance since it was really a rebranded channel.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
I doubt I
Any idea about the channel number, full or part time HD and overflow channel(s)?
Don't know what channel, but chances are they will have overflow channels as a .2, .3 ect.

For those of us still using SD equipment (much easier set RV set up), does anyone believe that I will be able to pick this channel up in SD on my 18" round dish pointing at satellite 101 or will it likely be an HD only channel which will require an upgrade?? I am unfamiliar with how new channels are established.

I am hearing that the 8 ball says yes.... You will be able to see this with SD equipment.. :D

Indeed I am getting word that Directv will start testing the signal in the 7th from the 101 and 103 locations. And will be made available on the 14th for launch day. :).

scott, have you heard anymore on either longhorn network, watch espn and watch abc?

Maybe it has already been posted but I just saw an SEC commercial on channel 206(ESPN) just now.......that's just being cruel.....LOL

According to a poster on the other forum
It'll be on 611,612, and 613 with Longhorn Network on 609 and fusion on 358

Sweet. It pains me to read DBS sometimes. James Long has to post in the thread as a doubter. I always like sites (not) that will not let you post competitor links, or frown upon it, then when you share info from the competitor with no link, they move to attack you as not having a source.

Sweet. It pains me to read DBS sometimes. James Long has to post in the thread as a doubter. I always like sites (not) that will not let you post competitor links, or frown upon it, then when you share info from the competitor with no link, they move to attack you as not having a source.

long was doubting my info, me a retired reporter who spends a lot of time online, lol!

According to a poster on the other forum
It'll be on 611,612, and 613 with Longhorn Network on 609 and fusion on 358
That doesn't make sense.. Especially with BTN at 610. Why put two espn property's right in between a fox property. I can see Longhorn going on 611 with SEC on 612 with the overflows going -1,-2, ect.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)