SEC Network Launches August 14 Channel 611

Status
Please reply by conversation.

To be honest, I don't think they have assigned channels yet for these networks. I can see these networks landing right on 210 and 211. Which would be right were ESPN would want them. Right next to ESPN2 and not BTN. If I was a betting man, that's where I would put my chips as those priime time slots are available. This is speculation though.

Id agree with low 200's. Makes sense and I'd imagine Disney would frame it that way.
Yep and they can always -1 and -2 the overflows like ESPN 2 and the other ESPN networks are. I am excited that there is new programming coming though. Now if we can get D14 and D15 launched DirecTV will be in a very good place and have the ability to catch up with what they are missing on HD they don't currently carry.

Yep and they can always -1 and -2 the overflows like ESPN 2 and the other ESPN networks are. I am excited that there is new programming coming though. Now if we can get D14 and D15 launched DirecTV will be in a very good place and have the ability to catch up with what they are missing on HD they don't currently carry.

Hopefully the first launches early next year.

i trust in Scott but now this have become interest over at DBSTALK they been tell everyone Longhorn Network is included this deal

I have seen internal documents including the transponder number where SEC is going... and I have not seen any mention of Longhorn. Nor have I heard anything about them picking up Longhorn from friends at ESPN.

I can only report what I see or what I hear. I am not going to make up stuff for news. I do think we are making good inroads of breaking DIRECTV news as of late... it appears they will announce the deal on Wednesday.

BTW I had to go to the other site to see what you guys were talking about. And I got to thank James Long for being an asshat once again. A main reason for our success over the years has been because of his stupid ass comments.

History don't lie just take a look back at many of the things he has said we were wrong about... or that we did not know what we were talking about... only to have our information be 100% true.

He has been great in helping us bring new members to SatelliteGuys. :D

As I said I have heard NOTHING about Longhorn Network... Could it be coming? Yes but I haven't heard the word uttered in anything as of late. All the talk has been about the SEC Network. Personally I hope they do add it. :)

I have seen internal documents including the transponder number where SEC is going... and I have not seen any mention of Longhorn. Nor have I heard anything about them picking up Longhorn from friends at ESPN.

I can only report what I see or what I hear. I am not going to make up stuff for news. I do think we are making good inroads of breaking DIRECTV news as of late... it appears they will announce the deal on Wednesday.

Could be it isn't going into test for a few weeks. Maybe that is why you have not seen anything. My two cents

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

It is possible. As I said I can only post what I am told or have seen. If I hear anything about Longhorn I will post it.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

That doesn't make sense.. Especially with BTN at 610. Why put two espn property's right in between a fox property. I can see Longhorn going on 611 with SEC on 612 with the overflows going -1,-2, ect.
Did the Big Ten channels move to 610.1,.2 and .3 ect ?

Thats what I thought was reported previously ...
What would make sense then is for the sec and the Big Ten to move down to 210 and 211 and use the .2 type thing for the overflow channels, this way they stay on the same channel and doesn't clutter up the guide.

That said, they are both RSN channels, so maybe they belong in the 600's.

If SEC Network is a base package channel as we all assume it likely will go with the rest of the ESPN channels. With the Big Ten network coming up for renewal I look for them to relocate too. Honestly having base package sports networks in the 600's is confusing. That IMO should be reserved for the sports pack and true RSNs that aren't national

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts