SEC Network Launches August 14 Channel 611

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If I have this right. Longhorn Network covers only one school. If that's the case then I wouldn't support Directv making everyone pay for it. Instead I would prefer they make it an add-on channel. As a UF fan I wouldn't expect non-UF fans to pay for a channel that features only my school. As for the conference channels. I thinks those are different as they cover many schools and are more appealing to a wider array of customers.

If I have this right. Longhorn Network covers only one school. If that's the case then I wouldn't support Directv making everyone pay for it. Instead I would prefer they make it an add-on channel. As a UF fan I wouldn't expect non-UF fans to pay for a channel that features only my school. As for the conference channels. I thinks those are different as they cover many schools and are more appealing to a wider array of customers.

This makes too much sense. Make the channel a la carte and games ppv for anyone else. Other schools could do the same. That is fine with me. I do not support having LHN in any non-sports package, other than RSN status in the immediate local area.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Reactions: BlueLemon
Charter would lose alot of customers without SEC Network. Glad Directv signed up. Now the waiting game for what it will cost us folks not in the SEC Territory.

As for the PAC12 and Longhorn Networks, they don't pull the weight SEC teams do. Alot of people would have jumped ship without the SEC Network.
You can say that now, see if you'd say that 3-5 years from now. While it's new, its a big deal, later maybe not.

If the Big ten network was not on D*, it wouldn't bother me one bit.

My team plays 2 games on the channel and thats because it in the contract that they have too.
The Important games will not be on the channel, so I'm really not missing much ... the games that are on the Network I do watch, but I would listen to them other wise for those few games.

It will still be very important to me ten years from now if all we got was one game a year, even more so with two games.

No way I'd want to miss 2 games out of the relatively short season. Not to mention the basket ball and baseball games.

Definitely more of a Big Ten fan than any other conference that has a network, but not really a college football fan at all. Much more into college basketball, and only SEC BBAll teams to watch would be Ky & FL. But will watch a ton of Big 10 BBall.

Definitely more of a Big Ten fan than any other conference that has a network, but not really a college football fan at all. Much more into college basketball, and only SEC BBAll teams to watch would be Ky & FL. But will watch a ton of Big 10 BBall.
If you aren't a fan of a specific team, then sure. You are right. When it comes to basketball, fl and Kentucky are the top two.

I personally however enjoy watching all of our games, even with Alabama not being a basketball powerhouse. So to me, this channel will give me much more access to that and be much more valuable than it would be to the casual sometimes sports fan.

I lived in Il for 50 years, 5 years now in Tn so I haven't gotten into the SEC love yet. Never really grew up with college football, our High school didn't have lights and we played our games on Saturdays, the NFL has always been my football love. I'm happy for the fans of the SEC that this network was picked up.

What is WatchESPN? Is that the online version?

this just in charter is now official tweeted by sec network about 15 minutes ago.

So now everyone except FIOS customers will be watching SEC Network. Even on the ISS IN SPACE!!! So humans not even on this planet will have SEC Network, but FIOS customers in Tampa won't. BOL. LOL :wtf

Reactions: ranmic
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)