Second HD TV...several questions including making RF Remote #1

Eric_C

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
Finally bought a 1080p LCD for the bedroom. My initial plan is to run a HDMI cable from the great room to the bedroom.

My Samsung 1080p DLP looks like crap over HDMI so we use component out there.

This is temporary until I get a new AVR that does multizone HDMI output.

Biggest question is how do I get a the RF remote to be Remote #1? I want to use it in and out of the bedroom. Can I get another RF remote and have them programmed the same and leave one in each room?

Does Dish plan on doing network connectivity between 622's? I'd love to get a second 622 and share content between the two but I don't want to be stuck with a show on the bedroom DVR when we want to watch it in the other room.

I'm putting the TV up tomorrow and my cables will be here on Monday.

Anyone have any other suggestions on how to set this up?

One other...we have a SD box upstairs in the wife's workout room. She says she no longer wants it. How much for Dish to bring out another box and move a feed into the bedroom so in additional to running the DVR in here I can have a HD box?

Thanks

In the 622 manual (yeah.... I read them... hehehe) it says you can contact Dish to get an RF remote#1 in case you are putting the receiver in a closet or something. I'm not sure how that all plays out as I don't have a need for an RF#1 remote, but it's right in the manual that they can get them to you.

Long HDMI cable should be no problem. I've used them as long as 100 feet. As long as you're pulling cable.... are you also pulling network cable? You *could* pull cable for an IR repeater as well. You can also run component plus audio over cat5e for long distances. The converters for each end cost about $85 each but it's an option. Same with HDMI, I believe.

Calling them now. Thanks for the info on the Cat5 but eventually I'll be running multiroom HD via HDMI and need HDCP for my PS3.

$499!

I can run HDMI to my entire house :)

I already have the cable, wall plate, etc on the way from Monoprice.

Dish is shipping me a new remote to handle what I want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts