Sept 19th 6:00 AM HD D* PARTY!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The lease agreement? The lease agreement they send you after they take your money over the phone while promising new channels and after they install and after you sign a statement that it was intalled ok and in the fine print is some verbage reffering to it?? That lease agreement? The one that arrives in the mail 2 weeks after the installer is gone? The one you never see until after the deal? the one you never sign? Next time I buy a new car I should tear it down and make sure the dealer hasnt hidden a lease agreement in it too. I might not actually own the car huh? IMO judge Judy needs to get ahold of that lease agreement, it would be a hoot.

Ya that's the one ;)

D* has never promised me anything having to do with HD other than the one's they currently carry. And for this I pay 10 a month. Be patient people.......................We have waited for 2 years or more for this and we want it right.

I may have missed something here, but I don't recall EVER seeing an official announcement from DTV that today or any specific date for that matter was the launch date for HD expansion. What I have seen in here is a bunch of people feeding off each others rumors and claims of insider information that more often than not is totally incorrect. It is amazing that those who constantly criticize the CSR's are so quick to believe something on this matter or read into an answer something that was not actually said and spread it as fact.

I will only be disappointed if after seeing an official announcement and they don't produce. Considering this upcoming expansion is one of the biggest events to DTV's future it is likely to be preceded by a universal announcement and promo.
Good point mtnmike, but many of the statements made about the lauch date were actually due to statements made by D* and leaked documents from D*.

Good point mtnmike, but many of the statements made about the lauch date were actually due to statements made by D* and leaked documents from D*.
For some of the hard core folks this may be true, but the fact is DirecTV CSR's have been giving out the 19th date for a week now.

I think more people found out from CSR's then they did from any leaked document.

For some of the hard core folks this may be true, but the fact is DirecTV CSR's have been giving out the 19th date for a week now.

I think more people found out from CSR's then they did from any leaked document.

Yep, I have a tech out here right now working on my signal levels, and he told me they told them today, but they have not told them what sat..He seemed to think 99b, i told him i think it was 103b.

Yep, I have a tech out here right now working on my signal levels, and he told me they told them today, but they have not told them what sat..He seemed to think 99b, i told him i think it was 103b.

it would be great if it works that way

Last time I checked its still the 19th. I'll be DirectTV "well we didn't say exactly the time when we would launch". It will probably be 11:59pm. They still have time!

Yeah I know I have been saying the same thing. :)

It's still the 19th. :D

(BTW the CSR's were quoting 6am ET for the turn on time)

I would ! Sorry But my wife knows more about D* then the CSR's do.:eek:

Not all of them, believe me or not.

And your wife knowing more? Heck, there's some stuff that CSR's learn here on these forums before DTV officially tells them anything.

I'm an installer and we were told today was the day for 24 channels. I have the list of which channels they are going to add in what month. I just signed up here so im not sure if you guys have what channels you are going to be getting.

false hopes again! Darn! You know what they say....tomorrow, and you know what they about that.... tomorrow never gets here, it's always today! :)

Fingers cross for the 21st!:D

You know, I am not really that mad about them not going live today, it just postpones when I have to call a local installer to have my dish re-pointed since I am only getting high 20's to low 30's on the transponders. I am waiting for them to go live so I can make sure to get someone out here.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts