Sept 19th 6:00 AM HD D* PARTY!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It is not the CSR's personally who are stupid. It is the CSR system. D* needs a system that allows accurate information to be disseminated to their customers. The CSR's should be given a daily brief on things like the HD roll out and told not to say anything more than they are given.

And while it is not the CSR's fault, they are indeed the publics point of contact with D*. When CSR's give out bad info, even through no fault of their own, customers have ever right to complain to the CSR's. In theory, D* has a system in place that allows these complaints to get to someone who can make a decision to improve service.

I am only a DirecTV customer since 2006, though I didn't opt for HD because I was unimpressed with what they offered at the time (not much--a few channels and no Jacksonville locals). The recent Dish offer had me send an email last week asking about how to terminate my service and return the equipment, which resulted in retention offering me basically the same deal that Dish was offering (and this was with 9 months still left on my initial two year commitment). I took it, and the earliest install date they could schedule for me was October 10. However, I got a call yesterday, and they managed to squeeze me in, thanks in part to the horrid weather that was apparently preventing many installations from taking place in the area.

What does all this have to do with the new HD channels? Not a thing, really--just that I'm still too thrilled to finally have it in place to get even the least bit upset over the apparent delay of the rollout. I'm sure the folks at DirecTV are working as hard as they can to get the new channels up and running. It is a shame that they are suffering from a communication breakdown with their CSR's, but that, sadly, is not that unusual, not in this or in any other business.

You have been a member here since November of 2004 and only have 2 posts. WOW. :D

Well, many paid a lot to lease boxes to recieve the channels.

There IS NOT a SINGLE person out there that leased a receiver that was given a start date of new HD service as a condition of the lease. It they were, I am certain they can get a refund.

At least post something that makes sense (as you usually do) - this post of yours DOESN'T.

I posted this on another thread but in case not everybody reads that thread this is my take on what happened.

From what I read over at DBSTalk before it went down is that D* tried to make things a go very early this morning but they ran into a technical problem(s) and had to roll everything back. I know my H20 wasn't up and running this morning. I had to reset it. My HR20 was okay.

So I don't think the CSRs were wrong in that today was the day they planned to give us the channels. They tried but couldn't for some reason. I also read a post from Earl at DBSTalk from around 10am EST this morning that from what he gathered they wouldn't have the problem fixed today. He did say the problem wasn't related to D10.

I would ! Sorry But my wife knows more about D* then the CSR's do.:eek:

being uninformed and being stupid are not nearly the same thing. i honestly believe that the CSR's would give us more info if it were available to them. they are trying to do their jobs just like everyone else and they do not deserve disrespect from some "informed" person who read it on a forum.

i think a lot of you are missing the point that today's date and the 6:00am time frame are largely based on assumptions. i have yet to see an offical release from D* saying that today is the day. until you see that i wouldn't count on anything. a lot of you are acting like children who didn't get what they wanted. very mature. :rolleyes:

Weird Occurance!!!

Something weird just happen to my HR20. While watching CNN a little red light came on the receiver for about 5 minutes and then turned off! Does anybody know what this was!!!?

While construction is not rocket science, it's a useful example. Say you hire a contractor to build your house. There is a screw up with one of the specialized workers the contractor hires. Do you really care who is responsible......no, the contractor is who you are paying and who is reponsible for getting the whole job done.

It amazes me how some people will defend directv to the end, even when the writing is on the wall.

It amazes me some people who don't even have d* come on and bash it. I blame them, but I am tired of going through the tons of BS from people who have other providers taking a crap on D*. I'm trying to find relevant info on when the new date might be and I've got to sift through all this BS. Why on earth if you have another provider would you go on another forum and rip that company! It makes me think those providers aren't that good either. Being a D* subscriber, in a contract I don't see a single reason to go to the Dish net or Fios forum. If i did it would be to see what they have to offer and how their service is. I don't have it, so why would I trash it.
Just my 2 cents.
sorry for the rant
Joe

Something weird just happen to my HR20. While watching CNN a little red light came on the receiver for about 5 minutes and then turned off! Does anybody know what this was!!!?

I've had the little red light appear every so often for a couple of months. I have no idea what for.

No it does not. The CSR's word is not your lease agreement.
The lease agreement? The lease agreement they send you after they take your money over the phone while promising new channels and after they install and after you sign a statement that it was intalled ok and in the fine print is some verbage reffering to it?? That lease agreement? The one that arrives in the mail 2 weeks after the installer is gone? The one you never see until after the deal? the one you never sign? Next time I buy a new car I should tear it down and make sure the dealer hasnt hidden a lease agreement in it too. I might not actually own the car huh? IMO judge Judy needs to get ahold of that lease agreement, it would be a hoot.

that was the light of false hopes and broken promises

Status
Please reply by conversation.