Sept 19th 6:00 AM HD D* PARTY!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
While construction is not rocket science, it's a useful example. Say you hire a contractor to build your house. There is a screw up with one of the specialized workers the contractor hires. Do you really care who is responsible......no, the contractor is who you are paying and who is reponsible for getting the whole job done.

It amazes me how some people will defend directv to the end, even when the writing is on the wall.

I was frustrated like everyone else when I woke up this morning to no new HD, and talked to a CSR who obviously didn't know anything ("this just says September, sir, I don't have any more information than that"), but hey, I'm used to waiting for good stuff - I am a PS3 owner, after all (by the way, vurbano, good thing I'm not a cat person)...

But the common thread in both of those is that I know new games/HD channels will come, and then I'll be happy... or at least that's what I keep telling myself.

First off, if anything Bschneider said is true to you - it is that this is NOT DirecTV's fault - it is a result of the issues with the satellite. Blame BOEING.
I have not seen any word that Boeing has yet to turn over the sat to DirecTV - have YOU?

I think this misses the point a bit. Customers should not really have to track the inner working of the companies they do business with. If a CSR says a certain product will be available at a certain time on a certain day, it should be available close to that time. When UPS says a package will be delivered on Friday, I should not have to research UPS's truck maintenance facilities to make sure they are running on schedule. When a waiter tells me my food will be out in 20 minutes, I should not have to check the condition of the kitchen equipment.

This is what CSR's are supposed to be for. If Boeing has not given D* control of a satellite, the CSR should KNOW. Talking to a CSR should be all the research a customer a needs to do.

:)
While construction is not rocket science, it's a useful example. Say you hire a contractor to build your house. There is a screw up with one of the specialized workers the contractor hires. Do you really care who is responsible......no, the contractor is who you are paying and who is reponsible for getting the whole job done.

It amazes me how some people will defend directv to the end, even when the writing is on the wall.

Except building homes has been a trade for century's. Satellites have only been a trade for 40 years, and satellite T.V. for 20.

Its not a perfect system... don't expect it to be.

and that is why I moved from E* to cable. Shame I believed D* and left cable after having went to E* from D* years ago as D* kept promising locals and E* had them, and after 6 months of lies, lies, and more lies from D* CSRs, I finally gave up on them. Looks like they almost got me, but this hardware is going back today. Enough is enough.

Don't do it! Step away from the ledge! You'll be glad you waited soon enough...

Please - you know it was tested before it was launched. They delayed the launch for 16 days so that testing could be completed.
Then D* should have said 70 HD channels on December 31 st . Then if we really got 30 in September it would have been a great Surprise. But instead lets get the CSR's to lie for us because after launching atleast 6 other satellites we still don't know whats going on!

Am I disappointed that no new HD channels came on while I was sleeping? Yes, but I will D* some time to get it done. I have the patience to wait until the end of October but if it is done by then, I will be pissed. I kind of feel like I have been taken by Directv because of all their hype. I was no longer under any commitment but then I had to upgrade to a new dish and receiver for these supposed new channels. With the upgrade, I had to sign up for another 2 year agreement. That has me a little steamed with more steam building as more days go by and no new HD channels. I feel like I have had a "bait and switch" pulled on me.

I'd sure hate to be one of the engineers with D* right now. I bet the suits are breathing down their necks right now.

I think this misses the point a bit. Customers should not really have to track the inner working of the companies they do business with. If a CSR says a certain product will be available at a certain time on a certain day, it should be available close to that time. When UPS says a package will be delivered on Friday, I should not have to research UPS's truck maintenance facilities to make sure they are running on schedule. When a waiter tells me my food will be out in 20 minutes, I should not have to check the condition of the kitchen equipment.

This is what CSR's are supposed to be for. If Boeing has not given D* control of a satellite, the CSR should KNOW. Talking to a CSR should be all the research a customer a needs to do.
No Kidding... give the information to the people who are talking to your customers - I couldn't agree more.

Ya know... I have come to the conlcusion everyone around here is right. We need to blame directv, or boeing. Not ourselves for allowing the September 19 at 6:00am to become an official/unofficial, confirmed/unconfirmed date.

You people need to lighten up. If your that pissed go to E*. :)

well we agree now also. DirecTV paid BOEING to get it done. So as you say - BOEING is at fault.

As far as the second part - I am not defending DirecTV - I just don't think that this is their fault. I still 100% believe that they intended for a mid-Sept HD launch - no more, no less.

You know, it's funny that I get a call about 20 minutes ago from Directv on my cellphone talking about their new HD rollout. And here we sit with no HD on the date that Directv internally targeted as the rollout date.

and that is why I moved from E* to cable. Shame I believed D* and left cable after having went to E* from D* years ago as D* kept promising locals and E* had them, and after 6 months of lies, lies, and more lies from D* CSRs, I finally gave up on them. Looks like they almost got me, but this hardware is going back today. Enough is enough.
Now not the time!! Not in this thread.This is a discussion between D* customers, Not E* Vs D* Take it to the War Zone!!

well we agree now also. DirecTV paid BOEING to get it done. So as you say - BOEING is at fault.

As far as the second part - I am not defending DirecTV - I just don;t think that this is their fault. I still 1005 believe that they intended for a mid-Sept HD launch - no more, no less.

LOL nice try, but subs are paying directv for their service.....not boeing.

Who started this freakin HD party thread anyway? Heck we ought to string him up and......errrrr wait a second.............never mind.

CSR's need to get their act together. I'm sick and tired of being told a load of BS everytime I call. One minute you have to Pay $299 for equipment the next its FREE. One minute we have HD the next we don't. Bottom line D* customer service SUCKS.

Ok this has nothing to do with the CSR's. They are the lonely pawns in this "HD WAR". They can only tell you what they know, and right now that's nothing! Based on some of these postings im glad im not a CSR for directv today. Don't get me wrong I'm very upset! But taking it out on the reps doesn't acomplish anything. If you really want to do something find Mr. Carey personal email adress and bombard him with millions of e-mails explaining your discontent for broken promises

I am not upset, I don't recall to this point any official 6:00 AM announcement by anybody, I personally still hold out belief and hope that something will get lit up today, and I'm not talking about Jack Daniel's Love Child's blunt.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)