Shakeup At Dish Headquarters??

If in the next few months we start getting full-time HD RSNs, missing networks like YES, etc., then we'll know who to blame.

But, I won't be holding my breath though...

Great, now this will be used as Dish's latest excuse for not launching any new programming :rolleyes:

Great, now this will be used as Dish's latest excuse for not launching any new programming :rolleyes:

"Sorry, we'd like to add XOZ to our channel lineup. Unfortunately, we no longer have anyone in the organization with the authority to negotiate such a deal."

BTW I should note that this news is not 100% confirmed as of yet. I have tried contacting Eric but have not yet received a reply from him.

"not making the decisions" ? I'd say that's hardly the case... He probably makes 97% of the decisions for that part of the company. Ergan isn't going to deal with the day-to-day stuff that Sahl dealt with. It's called "delegating".

But you never know... I was once brought into an organization at the executive level only to have the CEO make all my decisions for me. I resigned after 45 days. Sometimes the higher-ups crave control to such an extent that they render their executive hires worthless. It's happened before and it'll happen again. Big personalities like Charlie Ergen tend to be the worst. I have no idea what's going on at Dish and won't pretend to know... but it's worth wondering whether or not he was given a fair shake.

Hey, maybe Charlie does not want to add any more channels. If so, he won't need a negotiator. Maybe Eric could possibly clean the bathrooms, but that would cost Charlie an arm and a leg when his wife could do it for free. LOL

Well, what I heard is this.... Dish has no plans whatsoever to add any new programming for 1-2 years so Eric's position is simply no longer needed.

"not making the decisions" ? I'd say that's hardly the case... He probably makes 97% of the decisions for that part of the company. Ergan isn't going to deal with the day-to-day stuff that Sahl dealt with. It's called "delegating".

Are we talking about the same Charlie? The known micromanager?

I get the feeling that program providers feel a lot like they are buying a car. They sit in an office with Eric, hammering out negotiations for days on end. Just when they think they have something everybody can live with, Eric stands up and says "Just a minute, I need to ren this by my 'sales manager'/Charlie". You just know at that point that the real negotiations are just starting based on the concessions you already made.

I don't believe Eric was ever more than the warm up act.

Are we talking about the same Charlie? The known micromanager?

I get the feeling that program providers feel a lot like they are buying a car. They sit in an office with Eric, hammering out negotiations for days on end. Just when they think they have something everybody can live with, Eric stands up and says "Just a minute, I need to ren this by my 'sales manager'/Charlie". You just know at that point that the real negotiations are just starting based on the concessions you already made.

I don't believe Eric was ever more than the warm up act.

Yep. No doubt that Eric was the loan officer and Charlie is Mr. Drysdale.

We are all Clampets without the millions but good ole Charlie is going to do what is best for us.:rolleyes:

I think that losing Voom the way they did, issues with NBA: LP as well as losing EI did nothing to help this guy's case. I'm a D* customer, but constantly losing channels and not getting anything new that I wanted was what drove me away from cable. I think also losing subscribers for these consecutive periods did nothing to help him either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)