Shaw Direct in Southern Arizona

kinglou

Original poster
Dec 28, 2009
Brazil
I am in the process of moving back to Southern Arizona. When I used to live there I had ExpressVu to get my CBC and hockey fix. One day the signal disappeared when they changed satellites. I see from some of the blogs that Shaw Direct may work into Mexico. Can anyone confirm that it works in Tucson?
I want to confirm it works before I shell out for the expense of buying the dish, receiver, and entering into a contract.

Where can I find the information on where to point it from Tucson?

Thanks for the help.

Shaw Direct's signal reaches quite well all the way to Mexico City so you are fine in Arizona. There are a few members here that also have SD in Arizona. The larger 75E dish would be recommended.

You can get your settings from: http://www.dishpointer.com/

In the Satellite drop down menu go down near the bottom of the list to the Multi-LNB section and choose "Starchoice 107W & 111W". Next, put your address in and click on the Go! button.

No problems with getting SD satellites in Phoenix, and there have been many on this forum who are having success well down into Mexico. As stated above, the 75E dish is recommended at this latitude. Optionally, you can use 2 generic ku-band 85cm dishes/lnb's if you don't want the hassle of getting the standard SD dish down from Canada. You will not be able to buy any SD replacement parts in Arizona should you have a failure of your quad lnb.

From your vantage point in Tucson (Longitude 110) the 2 SD satellites will be almost due south ("true" bearing, not "magnetic" bearing). Just be sure you will have good visibility in that direction before making your puchase.

Good luck...

Shaw - Half dead DSR505

Need Shaw Direct Receiver Help Please

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts