Shaw Direct

summergolfer

Original poster
Aug 5, 2013
SK
I'm looking for a solution, have a winter place in Arizona. From what I read when I take my receiver south I'll have to try and lie to get it working there. My question is what if I have it working up north on my 75 dish, if I take the receiver and the LNB with me when I go south and put it on the 75 dish down there,and reset the receiver would that work ?? If sure sounds like that's the way Shaw is trying to control things is thru their LNB's, other than foot print would this work ?? Having said this if I can't get Shaw down south I will be cancelling their services, with a outside digital antenna in Phoenix a person can receiver approx. 50 English channels which consist of all the big American networks.

Short answer: If the LNB's on the 75 you have at home and in AZ are the same type then you can move an active receiver successfully. That far south you NOT be able to view any channels from G1.

I guess that I didn't word this question right. What I wanted to know is: If I take a working Shaw receiver with the same LNB that is on a 75 dish here move that same receiver and same lnb down south and place that LNB and same receiver on my 75 dish and reset the receiver would it work there or would I have to call into Shaw to have a hit for it.

It should work without any issues. If you wait too long to hook it up it may need a hit to get your programming back. Not sure how long is too long but 2-3 days should be no problem.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)