Sirius stream from Dish Network Quality Qestion

espresso

Original poster
Jan 20, 2007
Folks I have been looking high and low and Im hoping someone can answer this question. What I need to know is the stream quality or compression from Sirius Area 33 shows coming through my DishHD reciever. Why, well I do record some of the shows on Area 33 by hooking up the audio out from the reciever to my computer input. I than use Sound Forge to record and than save the files to 320kbps. I recently gave my friend a recording and he ran a spectrum analysis on the file and told me that my files are not 320kbps but more like 192kbps. So Im assuming its the quality of the stream coming out from my hd reciever. Anyways, anyone know anything about the compression or quality coming out from the Dish Network? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Forgot to put down which DishHD reciever im using:
Vip211

Folks I have been looking high and low and Im hoping someone can answer this question. What I need to know is the stream quality or compression from Sirius Area 33 shows coming through my DishHD reciever. Why, well I do record some of the shows on Area 33 by hooking up the audio out from the reciever to my computer input. I than use Sound Forge to record and than save the files to 320kbps. I recently gave my friend a recording and he ran a spectrum analysis on the file and told me that my files are not 320kbps but more like 192kbps. So Im assuming its the quality of the stream coming out from my hd reciever. Anyways, anyone know anything about the compression or quality coming out from the Dish Network? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Forgot to put down which DishHD reciever im using:
Vip211
Several posters who have Sirius at home and in their car state that Dish Network's feed is superior. I remember that someone in the know reported that Dish does NOT get its feed from the Sirius satellite (Sirius is working to improve its rather lack-luster signal encoded to its sat), but receives some sort of special feed before it is Sirius thrashes it for uplink to the bird.

Yes its true, in fact you hear the programming on Sirius a few seconds before it is played on the real Sirius Satellite Radio service.

Several posters who have Sirius at home and in their car state that Dish Network's feed is superior. I remember that someone in the know reported that Dish does NOT get its feed from the Sirius satellite (Sirius is working to improve its rather lack-luster signal encoded to its sat), but receives some sort of special feed before it is Sirius thrashes it for uplink to the bird.

Yes... DishNetwork has a little more bandwidth than Sirius ;) Not to mention the efficiency of their signal due to the type of antenna used to pick up DishNetwork compared to Sirius' antenna.

There's nothing stopping you from putting DishNetwork in your car and using that instead of your Sirius radio. ;)

How safe is it to sell your reciever?

Dish Changed their Story on HD Install

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)