Site issues

Now the boxes are replaced by normal graphics.
Well, dang it, now the boxes (bell, letter, etc) on threads, let lone the edit/post box icons, have vanished on my 32-bit Windows 7 installation. It was working before!
Since Scott changed the JavaScript CDN source, my problem documented above is working again. Thanks, Scott!
So, just changing the CDN source messed up my old installation? :( It's like the new CDN source is using encryption that doesn't exist on my old Firefox. I cannot upgrade it since it's 32-bit. Nuts!

Well, dang it, now the boxes (bell, letter, etc) on threads, let lone the edit/post box icons, have vanished on my 32-bit Windows 7 installation. It was working before!

So, just changing the CDN source messed up my old installation? :( It's like the new CDN source is using encryption that doesn't exist on my old Firefox. I cannot upgrade it since it's 32-bit. Nuts!
Well, once Microsoft fixes their repository, perhaps Scott will change back. Then again, time marches forward. Can't support such old devices forever.

Well, once Microsoft fixes their repository, perhaps Scott will change back. Then again, time marches forward. Can't support such old devices forever.
Yeah, he's already given up on my old installation. I am voted off the SG island at least from one of my computers.

Try clearing your cache. As far as I am told by XENFORO the java hasnt been changed. So what was working should still be working.

Only difference now is we are having you download it from Google instead of Microsoft. but it "SHOULD" be the same file. They are trying to figure out why some Microsoft CDN's are having an issue.

Star Trek Reaction GIF

Thanks, Scott. My old browser works fine on Google. So I am hopeful that this will either resolve itself, or else clearing cookies will do the trick.
I am sorry about the quote above that I made last night without comment.

It turns out that deleting cookies has made SG completely unusable on my old vesion of 32-bit Firefox. That logged me out and made the edit/post window disappear completely. I can eventually log in, but I cannot check the "keep me logged in" box,, a job made more difficult since there are no little icons anywhere. As others reported above, I can reply to posts as I did quoting myself above. But I can't add any comment like I am now. :crying

Last edited:
Reactions: charlesrshell