skip a timer and have it record at a later time automatically

I know it works with PGA Tour on the Golf Channel. I skip one (marked for new) and always get the next one (even if I don't want it). :D I so wish Tribune would break out the Champions and the Nationwide Tours. This is a problem every week those tours have an event.

My 622 always picked up the next airing of new shows when they were manually skipped. Then a couple of years ago, it just stopped doing it. I had to manually restore the next airings.

I have a 722K and when I skip a 'new' show it records it later if it is available. It does this even when I have it set to record only 'new' episodes. It has always worked like this. In fact, yesterday I skipped Pawn Stars and American Pickers so that I could record a couple of free preview HBO/MAX movies. Later on, the 722K automatically recorded both episodes of Pawn Stars and the American pickers episode that I had skipped. (The three shows were on at 2:00 or 3:00AM the next morning and the 722K automatically recorded them).

This works on my previous 722k, 922 and my hoppers. It actually worked this way on my 722, 622 and even the old 942 as well. Deadliest Catch and Pawn Stars are two that I'm 100% positive that it works on. The episode later in the evening gets picked up when you skip the early one. Timer is set for "new" eipisodes only.

Also, remember, the timer has to be a Dish Pass or Seek and Record timer.

Also, remember, the timer has to be a Dish Pass or Seek and Record timer.

I don't think that's true. I have a regular timer set to record only new episodes of American Ninja Warrior on G4. Several times in the last couple weeks I have skipped these to free up a tuner to watch a live Tigers game and my hopper has always recorded a later showing in the middle of the night.

I was thinking about disabling PTAT on one of my Hoppers during these slow summer network tv nights because I am starting to have more and more timer conflicts. The hopper being smart enough to still record skipped episodes has kept me from doing that so far. Of course, hopper integration that would let me only record PTAT on one hopper would fix this for me. I do not have any seek and record timers set up. I have only used only new or new and rerun recordings so far.

osu1991 said:
I think Seek and Record means New episodes. New episodes it would seek and record.

Seek and record is the same thing as Dish pass. Say you set a seek and record for new episodes of American Ninja Warrior. New episodes air on both NBC and G4. Seek and record would catch all new episodes on both channels.

I just have a regular all new episodes timer for American Ninja Warrior on G4 and I let PTAT take care of the NBC episodes.

Setting a timer for new episodes is not the same thing as seek and record.

Just to clarify, Dish Pass timers can also be limited to just one channel, which would act like a regular timer, and also set for just new episodes. It has been my experience that Dish Pass timers seem to be more reliable with regard to picking up re-airs when the new episode got skipped for whatever reason, and especially are more flexible, since they can be changed to different channels and all channels at any given time without recreating the timer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)