Please reply by conversation.

This1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 27, 2009
Florida
Ok I am trying to install a 3 LNB slimeline and using a reciever to point

I am having a problem were in the signal strength

Turner1 Not required I am not sure what that means either setup, bad cable, or bad LNB

I did get a short coax cable and direct connected the LNB same thing

any suggestions or thoughts

How many F connectors are on the LNB?

Has the receiver been used previously?

Self-installing is overrated.

There are 4 outputs tried all 4
Yes it has been working.
I install 18' phase111 dish100.2 and 500 so I thought I give it a try

Ok maybe this is the problem in order for to work
I probally needs signal I am guessing.

So any suggestion on pointing this guy just set to 101 and find the tweak or there whole lot more to this.

ok last question would you advice me to point the dish using a old receiver like a D10

ok last question would you advice me to point the dish using a old receiver like a D10

Use any receiver you want, but have it near or at the dish with a small TV.

Preset the AZ/EL & Tilt - move till you see 101 - peak it on the AZ. Lock it down. Peak 101 on the EL. Lock it down. Skew to middle of the peak on 103. Lock it down. Go back to 101 & fine tune AZ & EL to the middle of the peak - then lock it all down.

And no, I don't agree that self install is over-rated, just the way to go if you want the job done right (and not between noon and wherever). ;)

My 2 pennies worth.

Edit: Make 100% sure the top of your mast is 100% plumb!

Use any receiver you want, but have it near or at the dish with a small TV.

Preset the AZ/EL & Tilt - move till you see 101 - peak it on the AZ. Lock it down. Peak 101 on the EL. Lock it down. Skew to middle of the peak on 103. Lock it down. Go back to 101 & fine tune AZ & EL to the middle of the peak - then lock it all down.

And no, I don't agree that self install is over-rated, just the way to go if you want the job done right (and not between noon and wherever). ;)

My 2 pennies worth.

Edit: Make 100% sure the top of your mast is 100% plumb!
Thats right, any receiver would work, I use the D10 to installed the slimline 5 LNBF, once set the 110 and get the signal, then adjust the skew for 101 and 119, it only took 5 minutes to get it all, in your case, find the 101 then adjust the rest. I am retired and carry no more expensive meter, only a $10 low cost meter to get the signal peak.

worked on and got it to work I got 101 and the tweaked and peaked from there
It was not easy.
Beer time

Slim Line 3

I set up my SLime lIne 3 today on its maiden install. I got the 101 no problem, used a Ch MAster Signal meter, but only got the 99, not the 103.... (or vice verse)

What Sat / Transponder should I be on to do the skew / tilt fine tune on the SL-3? There is no 119 to use (as per the SL5 instructions)

I set up my SLime lIne 3 today on its maiden install. I got the 101 no problem, used a Ch MAster Signal meter, but only got the 99, not the 103.... (or vice verse)

What Sat / Transponder should I be on to do the skew / tilt fine tune on the SL-3? There is no 119 to use (as per the SL5 instructions)

Make 1,000% sure that the top of your mast is 100% plumb in all directions. Don't even look at 99 while you are tuning (too many spotbeams). If you really nail 101 on the initial AZ/EL adjust (be picky, find the center of the signal peak), then tilting to peak 103 brings it all in.

Understood. I had the mast plumb (used center pole bubble level). The procedure for tuning (the SL5) says 1) preset Tilt, 2) course set Azimuth 3) course set elvation, 4) then *** Fine tune tilt to the 119.

Since the Slimeline 3 does not use the 119, which is the best way to fine tune tilt, without a BirdDog or other digital meter? Can I use the signal meter on the rcvr ? If so, what Sat / Transponder should i use?

i have a Channel Master sig meter that is in line and I normally leave it hooked up. I am going to run through another tuning today, just triying to be sure how to get best peak, or do I NEED to invest in another specific type of meter?

Understood. I had the mast plumb (used center pole bubble level). The procedure for tuning (the SL5) says 1) preset Tilt, 2) course set Azimuth 3) course set elvation, 4) then *** Fine tune tilt to the 119.

Since the Slimeline 3 does not use the 119, which is the best way to fine tune tilt, without a BirdDog or other digital meter? Can I use the signal meter on the rcvr ? If so, what Sat / Transponder should i use?

i have a Channel Master sig meter that is in line and I normally leave it hooked up. I am going to run through another tuning today, just triying to be sure how to get best peak, or do I NEED to invest in another specific type of meter?

With the SL3 you are only going to use 3 sats: 99, 101 & 103. You start with 101 since it is the center bird. When you really nail the AZ&EL on 101, then you are going to use just the tilt to bring in 103. Don't even look at 99 during the initial alignment (too many spotbeams).

Once 101 is "centered" and the tilt adjusted to bring in 103 - 99 just falls into place.

OK, fine tune peak the 101 AZ and EL, change the signal meter to Sat 103, then fine tune tilt to pick up the 103.

After that, shoudl I then should I go back and re-fine tune the 101 signal? or should I stay on 103 and re-fine the AZ & EL?

OK, fine tune peak the 101 AZ and EL, change the signal meter to Sat 103, then fine tune tilt to pick up the 103.

After that, shoudl I then should I go back and re-fine tune the 101 signal? or should I stay on 103 and re-fine the AZ & EL?

Go back to 101 and fine tune (if needed). With most of the SL3's you won't need to retune 101 - it should stay steady.

You shouldn't rely on the level in the mast. Get a post level, they are much more accurate.

I got 101 solid wit 99 signal then I had a phone and talked to my wife while she looked at the signal on 103.
Make sure everything Plump and Tight

Status
Please reply by conversation.