Sling Adapter Issues

AIsmail

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 25, 2005
Stewartsville, NJ
The sling adapter I purchased back in January doesn't seem to want to power up. I see they have a 1 year warranty and I was wondering if anyone has had any experience getting this replaced or repaired via the warranty. Thanks in advance for your feeback.

ikm19

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Mar 8, 2009
Houston
AIsmail said:
The sling adapter I purchased back in January doesn't seem to want to power up. I see they have a 1 year warranty and I was wondering if anyone has had any experience getting this replaced or repaired via the warranty. Thanks in advance for your feeback.

Even i am having same problem all sudden my sling adapter is dead. I am too looking for some kind of replacement or get it fixed.

AIsmail

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 25, 2005
Stewartsville, NJ
ikm19 said:
Matt i have been talking to marb but seems he is unable to find any solution.

Any luck? If its under warranty, do they fix it, send a refurb or a new one? Since the account used to purchase mine is closed, they can't help me. I don't understand why considering its still under warranty & while the account is closed, they can reopen it in all of two seconds based on the number of phone calls & mailings they have sent me. I had 2 accounts & now just one so I wanted to use the adapter.

bryanduke

Mar 10, 2013
Oklahoma
I have had my sling adapter since I signed up for dish less than a year ago. It recently stopped working and I called into dish. They tell me I never purchased one and they can not replace it and I must buy another one. I don't know if this is just something to get me to buy another one or what, but I will not pay for another one.

TheKrell

A mighty and noble race originating on Altair IV.
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 4, 2007
Fairfax, VA
I agree with you Bryan, especially since I payed $99 for mine on the day it was released. Not worth it. If I were you, I would contact DIRT, who are genuine Dish CSRs, and among the best in the West.

JayStil

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 1, 2007
Did you try a hard reset (pulling the plug of the 722, wait a bit, plug back in)? I just had to do that for my 722 to respond to the Sling Adapter at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts