Slow Hopper 1, need free upgrade

Is there such a device that converts coax to HDMI adapter?
Good question with all the converters available for so many things. Like Scherrman posted I don't think there is but interestingly there is an HDMI to coax converter but I don't think it works in reverse. And that is meant for an easier way to extend HDMI but it has to start with an HDMI (Digital) signal, goes to the Coax converter, then up to about a 400' run of coax connects back to a an HDMI converter. All that is happening is a digital signal is being run over coax. But you can't start with an analog Coax signal and make it digital HDMI that I am aware of.
How about just connecting the coax to the distant TV and using the TV's ATSC tuner to watch the HD output? Is there a solution that does that?

Ever since HDTVs came out companies have been trying to find a way to get HD programming to multiple TVs. The easiest way is to broadcast it and have your TV's tuner pick it up. The problem with that is that is has to be national standard that everyone follows since all TVs would have to use the same tuner and that's why the only thing to do it is local broadcast as far as I'm aware.

As for using equipment in the house to get HD to every TV, it's very hard. A company would have to make a device that outputs each individual tuner through HDMI then the customer would have to have HDMI run to every room in the house. This is not feasible. Dish's solution to this was to use MOCA which allows them to send info over coax which is already the standard in all homes. The only issue with this is that it still requires a device in each room that picks up that signal and outputs it to your TV. Dish at one point made a TV that did all that for you but once again, it wasn't really feasible.

If the industry decided to make MOCA a standard and put that ability into all TVs made then Dish or any other company could just have a host receiver that outputs it's tuner to all TVs than can pick up the MOCA signal. This is, of course, how I interpret it and I could be completely wrong.

Outputting from an ATSC modulator would open the manufacturer up to problems with too many devices being able to record a "perfect" copy of the digital signal, exactly what DRM was created to prevent.