Slow Hopper 1, need free upgrade

The TV2 out is more of a business thing now. I've only seen hd duos in restaurants lately. The last I heard of someone having one in their house is a couple years ago when my grandparents had dish.
Well, now you have heard of one more: me. I have a ViP722k.

I doubt very much it will have a TV2 out, SD or HD. Heck, even Dish must recognize SD is dead, even if there is still a market for it today.

Those damned CRTs can't last forever! Although a 27" and 36" of mine keep chugging along. Rarely used, of course.
They could design the "Hopper Lite" with a HD TV2 output, with HDMI cables being more reliable at longer distances now than they were when the old HD duo receivers were originally designed.

Reactions: charlesrshell
They could. But I doubt they want to get into fooling with long HDMI cables.

I wonder if some sort of wireless private net would be expensive. And how much range it could have.

How many devices in general have two separate HDMI outputs? None that I can think of and there's usually a reason for it.

Adding a bunch of extra tuners makes more sense than adding extra HDMI outputs. No reason for them to do so when they have wireless Joeys now.
I would agree, if the wireless Joey had no fee. Remember, the purpose of the "Hopper Lite" is to get subscribers with the ViP DuoDVRs, who are used to not paying extra for the TV2 output, to upgrade. As long as the monthly fees stay the same, or actually go down, it should be a success. If the monthly cost would go up with the upgrade, then there will always be resistance.

I would agree, if the wireless Joey had no fee. Remember, the purpose of the "Hopper Lite" is to get subscribers with the ViP DuoDVRs, who are used to not paying extra for the TV2 output, to upgrade. As long as the monthly fees stay the same, or actually go down, it should be a success. If the monthly cost would go up with the upgrade, then there will always be resistance.

Yes, but why would anyone expect to be able to watch different TV shows on multiple TVs in HD for no extra cost? I admit that it would be awesome but I wouldn't expect it to happen. It's an added feature/benefit and usually you have to pay more for that. Now, it could be a major business move by them to implement something like that and instead of trying to make more money off of extra fees they could try and make their money off of an influx of more customers. I'm not sure it would work or not though.

Yes, but why would anyone expect to be able to watch different TV shows on multiple TVs in HD for no extra cost?
Well, why would anyone expect to be able to watch HD for no extra cost? It was not that long ago that there was a fee for that (and some packages did not even have national HD channels available at all, except free previews and add-ons) and some providers still charge an extra fee for HD.

Maybe someday they can come up with a unit that is used as a central hub that can have multiple HD feeds to TVs without having to put a device at each TV. I have to imagine that this concept has already been thought up already and proven not to be feasible though. There would need to be a way to send an HD feed throughout the house as easy and coax does right now.

Maybe someday they can come up with a unit that is used as a central hub that can have multiple HD feeds to TVs without having to put a device at each TV. I have to imagine that this concept has already been thought up already and proven not to be feasible though. There would need to be a way to send an HD feed throughout the house as easy and coax does right now.
Is there such a device that converts coax to HDMI adapter?

Not that I know of. I know ethernet cables can be used but they're expensive and require two cables. There are also wireless HDMI transmitters but once again, they're expensive.

If there was an easy way to make this happen and a way for a company to be profitable doing it then it would already be done. Maybe something is being worked on now but not that I know of.

Good question with all the converters available for so many things. Like Scherrman posted I don't think there is but interestingly there is an HDMI to coax converter but I don't think it works in reverse. And that is meant for an easier way to extend HDMI but it has to start with an HDMI (Digital) signal, goes to the Coax converter, then up to about a 400' run of coax connects back to a an HDMI converter. All that is happening is a digital signal is being run over coax. But you can't start with an analog Coax signal and make it digital HDMI that I am aware of.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)