Slow Hopper 1, need free upgrade

I plan on calling and just saying it won't get past the screensaver until they replace or better yet upgrade it. The Hopper 1 shouldn't even exist anymore. If they don't want to give you a H1 then a HD Duo would still be an improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: pattykay
I plan on calling and just saying it won't get past the screensaver until they replace or better yet upgrade it. The Hopper 1 shouldn't even exist anymore. If they don't want to give you a H1 then a HD Duo would still be an improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
Make sure the volume on the TV is turned all the way down.

Just had this conversation and finally get a replacement of some sort. Probably another H1 though

IMG_1118.jpg
IMG_1119.PNG
IMG_1120.PNG
IMG_1123.jpg
IMG_1122.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

A lot of new customers come from cable or DirecTV so if all you've ever had was an old HR24 or an old Motorola cable box then even the Hopper 1 is an improvement. :)

Very true...good point, especially related to outdated cable boxes. The cable boxes used around here still sport the same guide and interface they had when I first moved to Rock Hill in 1999. :confused:

Reactions: JSheridan
and... surprise surprise... it's just as bad.
Did someone lead you to believe that this was a hardware issue ? Dish themselves said the H1 was too slow to run the new interface .... then they changed their mind and decided it would be okay. Wait, which is it ? They sure didn't speed up the hardware and magically improve it.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Did someone lead you to believe that this was a hardware issue ? Dish themselves said the H1 was too slow to run the new interface .... then they changed their mind and decided it would be okay. Wait, which is it ? They sure didn't speed up the hardware and magically improve it.

Dish of course tried saying it was just my receiver. I was hoping they'd send a H2. But I figured that wouldn't ever happen.

Call them back and tell them it's exactly the same as it was before.

Dish needs to hear LOTS of complaints about the performance of H1 receivers with their new software. No doubt as it's pushed up the chain and gets to the engineering group, they'll just tell the other groups inside Dish, "we told you so..." ! :confused:

Reactions: pattykay and DWS44
I'd even escalate this to their executive office and I'm sure someone from their end will upgrade your equipment. It's unacceptable to deal with such service especially when people pay an arm and a leg for tv service these days.

Reactions: pattykay
I'd even escalate this to their executive office and I'm sure someone from their end will upgrade your equipment. It's unacceptable to deal with such service especially when people pay an arm and a leg for tv service these days.

I was able to find a corporate customer service email

executivecustomerservice@dish.com

And I have sent them an email detailing the issues and demanding a free hopper upgrade threatening to switch providers. They'll probably ignore my email but there's always hope.

I get why Dish wanted all the Hoppers on the same UI. That said, given the underpowered hardware of the H1, at least in relation to the HWS/H3 and the apparent overhead needed by the CUI, seems like this is probably just the first of many frustrated threads like this one.

I get why Dish wanted all the Hoppers on the same UI. That said, given the underpowered hardware of the H1, at least in relation to the HWS/H3 and the apparent overhead needed by the CUI, seems like this is probably just the first of many frustrated threads like this one.

In reality they should discontinue the H1 and use the HWS as the base system and for those who can't stand the H1 give them a free upgrade to the HWS or discounted upgrade to H3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)