So I'm missing the very last replay of tonight's Boardwalk Empire.

ohioankev

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
All because my Hopper shut down while I was out of the room at around 1:30 am for a Update/SIC that is supposed to take "up to 10 minutes" but takes roughly 50 minutes on my Hopper because of my EHDD and the amount of recordings that I have. They need to figure this out to where it can detect the daily schedule and put a two hour buffer in between DVR timers. Either that or let the user manually choose when to check for updates with the default being 1-2am. Like usual my hopper will reboot around 2:15 and i'll only get a partial recording. Does that mean I can pay my bill partially next month? /sarcasm

Yes I know it will replay tomorrow and later this week but should it be my burden to have to go through all my recordings to make sure they are fully there and to make sure I can "fit it in" to my already full dvr schedule? (minus the exception of power outages and stormy weather)

last edit: Just wanted to say that I never had this issue with the 722 that I replaced with the Hoppers. Over all I am happy and this has happened with maybe 5 recordings at most but it's still irritating.

Last edited:
I keep my EHD powered off unless I am actually using it so I don’t have any problems.

Sent from my DROIDX

Good question - will a receiver reboot if there is an active timer recording when the reboot is scheduled? Or will it defer? I have recorded some midnight and 1 a.m. showings in the past and never run into a problem - at least not that I can remember.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts