Solo DVR Reciever without DVR functionality activated

jeffmwknight

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 9, 2008
San Jose, CA
Does anyone have a Solo DVR (522) that is activated without DVR functionality? I have a secondary solo dvr receiver that was installed when my 722k was installed but since the 722k has dvr functionality, I just want the 522 on but don't want to have the dvr functionality and have to pay the dvr fee since I don't need it. Essentially, now I have a receiver that is sitting there not activated in my office room where I just want to have live tv.

There's no way to have the receiver active on the account and avoid paying the fee for it. We charge receiver fees by what they are capable of, not what they are being used for. If you PM your phone number or account number, I can get you details on possibly downgrading the receiver.

The DVR fee covers all of the DVR's on the account. So downgrading won't save you much if any money.

Correct, and would not same him anything. OP, if you want to save money, return the 512 and pick up a 311 or whatever other solo, non-dvr receiver.. That would save you $10.00 a month in receiver fees IIRC.

Correct, and would not same him anything. OP, if you want to save money, return the 512 and pick up a 311 or whatever other solo, non-dvr receiver.. That would save you $10.00 a month in receiver fees IIRC.

Receiver fee for a 311 would still be $7 a month. I think the 512 fee is $10 a month if I remember right (could be wrong). The $6 a month DVR fee does cover all DVR's on the account, so the OP would probably save $3 a month by swapping the 512 for a 311.

Receiver fee for a 311 would still be $7 a month. I think the 512 fee is $10 a month if I remember right (could be wrong). The $6 a month DVR fee does cover all DVR's on the account, so the OP would probably save $3 a month by swapping the 512 for a 311.
I agree with the $3 if it is a 512, but he posted a solo 522 which may not be a $10 per month fee.

Guys, thanks for all the info. Sorry, I made a mistake on the model I have. It's actually a Solo DVR 510. Matt, thanks for the info, I can't PM you now, but will try later when I'm home.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts