Some Dish Info

mr_snerdly

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 17, 2005
Does anyone know what SD channels will be available at DishHD Bronze, Silver and Gold? I am mainly interested in Fox Soccer Channel. I sub now to the 180 package, but if FSC will be on the HD Silver package, I will downgrade. Did Dish pick-up extra channels? Hence the bump from 180 to 200 SD channels.

mr_snerdly

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 17, 2005
One more question I have is on the total count of HD channels. Peraps there is a link I have missed on this. I count 15 Voom channels, and 7 other Hd channels, which equals 21. Are the other 4 channels HBO HD, Show HD, PPV HD, and NBA HD?

mr_snerdly

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 17, 2005
mr_snerdly said:
One more question I have is on the total count of HD channels. Peraps there is a link I have missed on this. I count 15 Voom channels, and 7 other Hd channels, which equals 21. Are the other 4 channels HBO HD, Show HD, PPV HD, and NBA HD?

Oops. 15 plus 7 is 22. Are the other 3 HBO, Show, and PPV?

gbjbany

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 4, 2005
El Dorado Hills, CA Nr Sacramento
since1963 said:
Will they offer their Local HD Over The Air (OTA) solution to existing HD package subscribers if they upgrade. If so, are their additional fees involved ?

Welcome to Satellite guys

As i understand it, there will be a fee for accessing OTA (see http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=53793) if you don't subscribe to a HD package on Feb 1st.
So i think upgrade or not, you are OK on OTA without a fee, if you keep an HD pack.
How they will control this is unclear to me.:confused:

jsb_hburg

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Sep 12, 2003
Whoa Nelly!

HD only increases by $16, including the increase in the access fee. And at $29.99, there is still the requirement of the access fee. DISH Family at a lower $19.99 does not require the access fee. This is unfair!

If the new price includes new HD channels as they are introduced, then that's fine. However, considering how expensive the new HD stand alone package is, there should be no access fee. The Great Wall package is $29.99 and no access fee is required.

HD price increase is at least 100% for HD Pak and Voom only subs and 200% for HD Pak only subs.

BFG

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Mar 2, 2004
Orlando
Well looks like another 18 months with me for the price if dishing it up :(

And the HD only package requires that you own the receiver and hopefully the price they quoted includes all the fees

Wdam33

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 29, 2003
Louisville, KY
OK, I remember there was some discussion on the Dish 'N It up program with respect to the number of tuners/receivers. It says 1 HD receiver and up to 2 tuners. In my situation I OWN 2 301's and 1 811. Would I be able to use the program to go to 1 625 and a ViP211? I currently have a DP34 and would also need a DPP44. Would the DPP44 be included or would that be a seperate charge?

Mark

suerapp

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Mar 2, 2005
I own a 921 and I would like to buy an mpeg4 dvr for $99 and keep the 921 for sd use in another room. Wonder if they'll let me do that or make me trade in the
921?

HokieEngineer

Proud Staff Member
Oct 13, 2003
I saw a bunch of questions so I'll try and answer them all in one post.

1. UHD and espn2hd won't be on 110. You'll need a dish pointed at either 129 or 61.5. UHD is ONLY on 129 at the moment. I believe the d1000 is their "hd solution" for now. I guess people in the Northeast need to deal with a two dish setup for 61.5.

2. The NBC olympic channel will be on 110 (Scott mentioned this at some point). Still no clear answer on what it will be. If it is a feed of NBC HD, who is allowed to view it?

3. They didn't mention mpeg4 for the new voom, uhd, and espn2hd because they aren't in mpeg4 (currently). However you'll still need a new receiver to view them. This could change on Feb 1, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

4. The new HD pak standalone price is if you want the new channels. There was a line in there about current HD pak and voom subs will continue to pay the old pricing just for those channels. If they want to upgrade they will pay the new price. New subs can only sub to the new hd pak pricing. Sort of a grandfather clause I guess.

davidgr

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Dec 9, 2005
Modesto, CA
Where can a person see the channels that will be in the New Packages? It only states 65, 165, 200..... Which channels are included in which pacakage?

jsanders

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 4, 2003
Can They Think Of Any Other Way To Mess With Us!!!!

juan said:
another significant change
Stand-Alone HD Package
Basic HD programming (22 channels)
**Not qualified programming**
$29.99
$34.99
THOSE BLASTED JERKS! I CAN'T STAND DISH! I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY WILL DO THIS TO US, AFTER ALL THE CRAP THEY HAVE ALREADY PUT US THROUGH! THEY DOUBLED THE COST ALMOST!

Bronze package: 49.99 - stand alone HD Package $29.99 = $20, yet the AT60 is $35.99 which is included in the Bronze package! In other words, THEY RIP OFF STAND ALONE CUSTOMERS BY $16/MO! THEY ALSO RAISE OUR DVR FEES BY 20%

COME ON DISH! YOU SUCK BIG TIME! I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU!

Former 921, and 942 owner. Former customer now!

Where is the 4% increase Charlie, you satellite PIG!

dont24

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 20, 2004
MA
HokieEngineer said:
3. They didn't mention mpeg4 for the new voom, uhd, and espn2hd because they aren't in mpeg4 (currently). However you'll still need a new receiver to view them. This could change on Feb 1, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
If this is an oversight by Dish, it's a big one. Sounds to me like an mpeg4 receiver will only be needed to pick up the HD locals. If you think about it, why would Dish split the Voom channels and entire HD package across mpeg2 and mpeg4 ( I know... mpeg2 with 4 headers ) Doesn't make sense. Wouldn't E* want to get the extra cash from the subs that's reflected in the new HD package price? This may be a way to try and spread out the existing sub hardware upgrades. We'll be inclined to upgrade when the HD locals are available in our area.

Juan

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 14, 2003
Moscow Russia
jsanders said:
THOSE BLASTED JERKS! I CAN'T STAND DISH! I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY WILL DO THIS TO US, AFTER ALL THE CRAP THEY HAVE ALREADY PUT US THROUGH! THEY DOUBLED THE COST ALMOST!
Bronze package: 49.99 - stand alone HD Package $29.99 = $20, yet the AT60 is $35.99 which is included in the Bronze package! In other words, THEY RIP OFF STAND ALONE CUSTOMERS BY $16/MO! THEY ALSO RAISE OUR DVR FEES BY 20%
COME ON DISH! YOU SUCK BIG TIME! I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU!
Former 921, and 942 owner. Former customer now!
Where is the 4% increase Charlie, you satellite PIG!
relax ..did you not read the GRANDFATHERING part for existing HD pac customers?

Dishpointer

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Jan 10, 2005
Kansas
So I guess I will have to hurry up and purchase a VIP 211 and get the stand-alone HD Pack/Voom before Feb 1st to be grandfathered? Am I reading everything correctly?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)