Still problems with my 1 meter dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jamestheman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 15, 2008
Dallas,Texas
I recently removed the dents in the dish and still I feel I cant get the best out of the dish.

I have a 39.3 inch motorized dish and a digiwave universal lnb.

I am getting only 55-65 pct on my south satellite which is g-3. I have tried and tried and cant get any higher signal, even had the wifey watching the screen for me, she said the highest was 65 pct.

I get as high as 87 or so on the sats from 89-105, but on most tps 50's or low 60's.

I cant even touch the sat on 123, and I know it isnt trees because I was hitting it at a 70 plus clip with my primestar and it was on the same pole as this dish and motor is at, the farthest I can get is 119, and not even all tps, just 10 or so.

As far as the east goes, I can barely hit 79, at about 56 pct.

Cant get anything 74 or farther, and again could with the ole primestar.

I am confused, I considered myself a really good and smart dish junkie, but now am very humbled!

What does a 39.3 or 1 meter dish usually get? I used to have a 36 and was getting better than this on sats, shouldnt a 39.3 get at least 5 or 6 more pct quality on it?

The dents look like they are totally gone, and I would hate to order another dish, with shipping I am looking at around $140 or so, and a 48 inch, which I really want the most will run me about $270 with shipping.

Quick question, my primestar is like 39 wide by 28 vertical, how much loss should I get in using this dish compared to a 1 meter dish? I might try to motorise it instead and sale the 1 meter.

any suggestions?

Quick question, my primestar is like 39 wide by 28 vertical, how much loss should I get in using this dish compared to a 1 meter dish? I might try to motorise it instead and sale the 1 meter.

any suggestions?
That sounds like the dish generally referred to as an 84e.
I'd give it a try, on a fixed pole, and see how your signals look.
If you like it, then by all means motorize it, and flush the 1m dish.

Make sure you keep the original feedhorn on the Primestar.
It matches the elliptical dish shape.
If you have LNB problems, there are others available that'll bolt right up to the old feedhorn.
Including a Hughes single connector that's voltage controlled,
... an orgiinal LNB with two outputs, one for V and one for H...
... or you can use a surplus Dish Network FSS LNB, (but it's bandstacked).

What receiver do you have?
Those readings seem low, but if it's some receiver which gets good signals at 30, then maybe not. ;)
If it's a Coolsat that won't work on signals below about 63, then . . . :rolleyes:

I am using a pansat 2500. Okay I was on g-3 my south satellite with the wifey again watching the screen and I would touch the dish just a small,small hair and she would say it would jump as high as 83, which is good, but it would never stay anywhere near that, my highest is 72, it is ranging from 66-72 on the highest tp, the others are around 58-62, when I swing over to g-11 I am getting 70's, I just feel like if I can somehow hit that 83 pct I will be locked in on the arc, I still cant get g-10. Funny thing is, I can touch the edge of the dish just a hair and it will jump, however not stay.

I feel like I am missing lots of feeds with it aimed at this level, I am getting a few on 105, mostly college sports, and a short few on g-11 and t-6, I have hardly came across a news feed since I have set it up 3 or 4 weeks ago.

I am thoroughly confused, the lnb is digiwave and it is a single output universal, says it is a .3 db, I figured that is a really good lnb, However The old primestar was getting me 80's on all sats, then again I had a birdog meter with me, now I am using a little satfinder and this thing makes me furious!

I cant get it to lock with the coolsat, I can scan in the channels, but the menu satellite screen will show I have no quality for some reason even though I will scan in channels. weird!

Also I was told this isnt a real universal lnb, however I am scanning in 119 fine, though It doesnt matter to me.

Thanks guys, hope someone good gets the prizes,

55-65 on G3 with the Pansat is pretty low. I have the 1500 and can get 85-89 on a 30" dish here in Minnesota...my true south is G26 (93W)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts