Stuttering

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hedbert

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 1, 2007
Apple Valley, MN
I am having 2 issues with my HR24 hooked up via HDMI.

1-The audio cuts out every so often for a split second. It sounds like when they just cut out audio to edit out a bad word. The HR24 is hooked up directly to my stereo receiver. On the Receiver it shows the signal (stereo or 5.1) and this goes blank for that brief moment.

2-The entire video and audio stutters. It freezes for a quick moment and then continues on.

I am also getting pixeling on the screen but this is even more rare.

And help would be GREAT I am a former E* customer and still getting used to D*.

It seems to happen on most any channel. And it can happen every few minutes. It almost seems like a bad hard drive in the DVR to me.

Yeah it would be better to have the HDMI going to your TV than a audio receiver due to sometimes they don't handle video correctly. Then just use a digital audio cable to the HDDVR back to your Audio Receiver and make sure on your HDDVR you change the Audio setting 5.1.

Last edited:
I will try that tonight. I never seemed to have this issue with my HDDVD, Blu-Ray Player or Dish Receiver. They all ran through my Denon 2807 without issue. But who knows? I will try it.

Yeah not saying you could not use your audio receiver for video heck my ES model from Sony has all the bells and whistles. The only device I'm using for video on my audio receiver is my Wii besides that everything else like my Blu-Ray player and HDDVR are hooked to my TV. Nice thing with audio receivers that have HDMI inputs it gives you more if your TV has less. Now days most newer TV's have plenty of HDMI inputs so needing a input should never be a issue.

I know some like doing everything through their audio receivers but I have always preferred to let the TV handle all the video on it's end. Just less issues that could come up and most cases things look better so forth. I just prefer my TV to handle the video and let my audio receiver handle just the audio. Overall should not be a issue since most of the newer Audio Receiver support the latest HDMI Standards like 1.3 now 1.4. But sometimes over time with firmware updates for HDDVR's so forth the audio receivers might have some issues on the video end with other components like HDDVR's so forth. Anyway just my 2 cents but let us know how it goes.. :)

Last edited:
... and before you do the above can you also post your signal strengths on each SAT?

Yeah true! That could be a issue as well your signal strengths which then it would not matter how you have things hooked up then.. :)

So I hooked the HDMI directly to the TV and found an optical cable and connected the audio to the DENON Receiver. So far everything seems to be working perfect. Here are my sat numbers anyway.

95 95 95 0 95 97 92 98
93 96 9597 93 98 93 96
93 0 95 96 93 98 95 100
96 0 96 0 96 99 92 100

99c
95 96 94 92 95 95 94 89
95 95 93 88 95 95 N/A N/A
N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A

104ca
95 91 92 91 89 89 86 92
86 89 88 90 85 89 88 90

103cb
95 95 95 95 95 95 95 95
95 95 95 95 95 95 N/A N/A

SWM
100 96 0 0 100 98 96 95
96 N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A

OK so. We just watched Warehouse 13 on SyFy and the audio was still cutting out here and there. It seemed that the dropouts were shorter with the optical cable. Thank you all for your help!!

I'm in the same boat. Constant audio dropouts. The picture is fine but the audio dropouts are completely random. At first it was something that I just dealt with but it seems like it has been getting progressively worse in the past month or two. I've thought about calling and seeing if they would swap my box but since I am not under contract, I'm worried they will only offer the swap if I agree to another 2yr contact.

I have the exact same problem. HR21 HD-DVR. Has been getting worse over time. Used to be maybe once an hour. Now it's happening at least once every 10 minutes.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts