Survivor: Tocantins -- The Brazilian Highlands

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
Not only is Taj Eddie George's wife, she was a member of a fairly successful R&B group in the early 90s! She is literally rolling in money. I will be *extremely* pissed if she ends up winning.

Although she is a tough cookie in the challenges. Dang woman looks like a football player.

Skyhi

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 29, 2007
NE Ohio
Although she is a tough cookie in the challenges. Dang woman looks like a football player.

I know...she seems like a really good player. I would just hate to see a millionaire *many* times over win another million on a reality show. :cool:

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
I wondered the same thing. Maybe she's playing for the experience and not neccesarily to win?

A lot of times people play the game not for the million, but for the exposure it provides them on a national stage. Look at that crazy woman who is now on The View -- and to think I thought she was this cute thing back when she was on what, Survivor 2?

I suspect Sugar from last season will find her career picking up since the show.

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
Oh, one more thing... my 11 year old is watching this season with us - he keeps commenting (and giggling) about all the cleavage. Now maybe its because we are watching on a 106" screen, but there does seem to be an awful lot of flesh this season. :)

Kevinw

Just a regular guy
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 2, 2003
Jacksonville, FL
Don't forget Brendan that sold his business for 30 million or something. It's not for the money but for the challenge.

The former Darien resident and co-founder of Bear Naked Inc., the granola company he started in 2002 with high school friend Kelly Flatley, came across the opportunity after selling the firm in 2007 to Kellogg for about $60 million.
http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/ci_11681601?source=most_viewed

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
Its because they rarely pick the "normal" folks to appear on Survivor now, most have had some ties to celebrity in one form or another, Survivor needs to go back to it's roots and pick "normal" people again...

I agree. Pickign someone who has sold a business for millions is b.s.

When Rupert was on, the guy really had nothing; and ended up using the money for a foundation. Those are the people you want.

damjr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 11, 2004
Oh, one more thing... my 11 year old is watching this season with us - he keeps commenting (and giggling) about all the cleavage. Now maybe its because we are watching on a 106" screen, but there does seem to be an awful lot of flesh this season. :)

The bummer is that they're voting off all that cleavage though.:(

Skyhi

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 29, 2007
NE Ohio
Its because they rarely pick the "normal" folks to appear on Survivor now, most have had some ties to celebrity in one form or another, Survivor needs to go back to it's roots and pick "normal" people again...

I agree. Having two contestants who are worth 8 digits is bogus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)