SV-360 Normal Signal & No Quality

Status
Please reply by conversation.

semco72057

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 16, 2009
Grapevine, Arkansas
I have the Sonicview 360 Elite which when searching for channels on a satellite gives the strength which is good, but no quality on any satellites. My old Mercury II receiver which has software problems, but does show the channels it's picks up perfectly.

The new receiver is connected back up and all seem to be working great, but not getting the quality signals is leaving me puzzled. I have tried almost everything I can think of and there is a different way of setting up this receiver than the old one. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I think that I have figured out what has happened after getting AMC1 channels to work on my TV. The Walnut tree's must be blocking my view of the satellites in one direction. I knew that I was not getting a Quality reading in most cases, and I guess that I did receive a good quality reading on this satellite because I am receiving channels on this satellite. There are those tree's which I was going to cut down anyway, but will do so now since they are blocking my signals.

Have to remember the weird offset skew on AMC1 ku also, I have some receivers that will pick up more channels than others on that satellite. Of course trees won't help any!

The tree's don't help. I guess that my next purchase will be another Fortec Star receiver since it seems to be a better receiver. I just wish that I knew how to upload new files to this Mercury II receiver so I could let the SV-360 just collect dust and consider it a loss.

Just need a computer with a serial connector, and the cable to connect to the receiver. It's not hard to do. There's a "loader" program that you get when you download the firmware file, you open that loader after you've connected the cable, select the firmware file, turn on the receiver and click download on the loader program. The led lights on the receiver will flash, some will count until it reaches 100% while it loads the file, then displays "Okay" or Done when its loaded.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)