killsjoys.jpg

KILLJOYS

Premiers: 19 June at 9/8c
SyFy​

Zookster

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 19, 2004
Here and Now
Not really feeling it. It's okay when it's the last thing on my DVR, but I tried to watch this past week's episode (about the baby surrogate), got bored halfway through and fired up Sunday's episode of Halt and Catch Fire, which formerly occupied the position of "last show on my DVR to watch." lol

I'm too confused about the set up in Killjoys to really care (the Company, the Rack, the Quad, the various planets, etc.) ,and the female lead doesn't appeal to me nearly in the same way that Portia on Dark Matter does.

Foxbat

Addicted to new HW
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Michiana
So far it stinks with terribly acting, terrible plots, and terrible direction.
Well, you can't say you weren't warned. It apparently killed the joy that any viewers may have had...

klang

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 4, 2003
Colorado Springs, CO
I'm six or so episodes in and I like it. Not as much as Dark Matter but still OK. I do agree with one comment above that they really haven't explained this universe very well. I suppose the downside of a 10 episode season.

(((Garyd)))

Retired C-Band dealer
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 4, 2007
diamondsatellite@snet.net
I'm six or so episodes in and I like it. Not as much as Dark Matter but still OK. I do agree with one comment above that they really haven't explained this universe very well. I suppose the downside of a 10 episode season.
Dark Matter is good but I love the Strain that keeps getting better, and better also so does the last ship

klang

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 4, 2003
Colorado Springs, CO
If I read correctly, Killjoys is also produced by a Canadian TV Network(Space TV?), which makes it cheaper to keep than Dark Matter.

i think you are correct. Plus, smaller cast, 10 episode season vs. 13. Dark Matter 'looks better' so likely more expensive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)