Taking the Plunge Tomorrow

Status
Please reply by conversation.
PopcornNMore I see you have American Life TV Network at 200 listed in your Excel file but its not showing up on my 922 is it gone or is it still there at ch 200?

PopcornNMore I see you have American Life TV Network at 200 listed in your Excel file but its not showing up on my 922 is it gone or is it still there at ch 200?

Gone just color bars

It's not mapped in on X4 it is on W5 603 although it's color bars been that way for a long time.

It's not mapped in on X4 it is on W5 603 although it's color bars been that way for a long time.

If it's not mapped why does it appear on channel 200 when I subscribed to the Digital Basic Package through Skyvision? A master reset was also performed before ordering the service.

Found this tonight in case anyone is looking for a DSR-410 receiver:

I have about 100 fresh pulled working Motorola DSR 410 Set top digital
boxes for use with Hits2Home (with remotes).

I also have about 70 additional units that need repair.

Please Contact me via email or phone.

Email Address:
cable@...

Cell Phone:
478-494-3758

Office:
478-237-2853

Terry Reynolds
Reynolds Cable TV Inc.

Found this tonight in case anyone is looking for a DSR-410 receiver:

I have about 100 fresh pulled working Motorola DSR 410 Set top digital
boxes for use with Hits2Home (with remotes).

I also have about 70 additional units that need repair.

Please Contact me via email or phone.

Email Address:
cable@...

Cell Phone:
478-494-3758

Office:
478-237-2853

Terry Reynolds
Reynolds Cable TV Inc.

Um, that was a post from Thu Feb 7, 2008 6:14 am

I still have a few units for sale.

Skyvision will have units in the next few weeks. (They are testing them now)

Does anyone know just how many people are currently subscribing to the H2H programming and if they are seeing a steady increase in subscribers?

I'm also wondering just how many working DSR-410, DSR-905, DSR-920 and DSR-422 receivers are still out there to be possibly activated.

I have to get off of my butt and subscribe my 922! ;)

My wife is kind of a hard sell for the 4DTV now that we have Netflix! Another reason is that a lot of times when I get home, after a long day at work, I kind of fall asleep on the couch when the TV is on! :eek: (That is usually in the winter after being outdoors all day and then into a warm house!)

I will be getting a sub on my 922 in the next week or so not sure on how many subs there are though.

I made this comparison chart tonight showing the cost per channel from the various channel packages that H2H, Dish Network and DirecTV offer. I hate to say it, but if H2H is going to succeed additional channels will need to be added and price must come down. Plus a new model receiver will need to be developed.

Since Sunday night I have been really enjoying the H2H programming even though my family isn't exactly thrilled. However, after flipping through the H2H channels tonight and not really finding anything good to watch I too am reaching for the Dish Network remote.

Attachments

• TV.xls
    26 KB · Views: 306
Where exactly are you getting those prices for H2H?

I show the following (directly from their site)

21.99 Pick 10
14.99 Sports
12.99 Discovery
24.99 H2H Digital Basic
37.99 H2H Digital Deluxe

What is the (+9) on the Dish and DIrectv lists?
Also there are some stations on both Dish and Direct that are technically FTA. The shopping/religious ones

21.99 Pick 10
14.99 Sports
12.99 Discovery
24.99 H2H Digital Basic
37.99 H2H Digital Deluxe

What is the (+9) on the Dish and DIrectv lists?
Also there are some stations on both Dish and Direct that are technically FTA. The shopping/religious ones

Iceberg I think he got them from the skyvision site and your post is from the SRL site.

21.99 Pick 10
14.99 Sports
12.99 Discovery
24.99 H2H Digital Basic
37.99 H2H Digital Deluxe

What is the (+9) on the Dish and Directv lists?

Prices for H2H are from Skyvision. The (+9) are local channels.

I agree that both DirecTV and Dish Network offer more FTA channels like shopping and religion, but they are channels that some people might prefer so I included them. Also H2H offers ShopNBC and the Word.

Note: The spreadsheet shows the "Top 150" for Dish Network. This is actually the "Top 120".

I'm also wondering if H2H added "USA", "DIY", "Travel", "Weather", "WGN", "Animal Planet", "Boomerang", "Comedy", "Lifetime", "Food", "E!", "A&E", "FX", "TNT", "TBS", "ESPN", "MTV", "VH1", "CMT", "Spike", "Nickelodeon", "Disney", "Cartoon", "ABC Family", "Discovery", "TLC", "CNN", "FOX News", "HLN", "CNBC", "C-Span", "TBS", "ION", "INSP" and other popular channels how much would the packages cost? They probably would be right up there with Dish Network and DirecTV.

I'm also wondering if H2H added "USA", "DIY", "Travel", "Weather", "WGN", "Animal Planet", "Boomerang", "Comedy", "Lifetime", "Food", "E!", "A&E", "FX", "TNT", "TBS", "ESPN", "MTV", "VH1", "CMT", "Spike", "Nickelodeon", "Disney", "Cartoon", "ABC Family", "Discovery", "TLC", "CNN", "FOX News", "HLN", "CNBC", "C-Span", "TBS", "ION", "INSP" and other popular channels how much would the packages cost? They probably would be right up there with Dish Network and DirecTV.

Just my two cents, But comcast is making money here. Back when 4160 was still alive the packages were always more costly on W5. Example the discovery sub suite.

I heard that the comcast headend in denver has two jet engines to transfer power in case of power failure or if the power gird is getting hit and the utility tells them they need to reduce power kind of like equinix in Chicago and other city's.

Just my two cents, But comcast is making money here. Back when 4160 was still alive the packages were always more costly on W5. Example the discovery sub suite.

Yes they are, but right now there is nothing else on c-band and it's all about supply and demand.

My package with NPS did include the following:

USA, DIY, Travel, Animal Planet, Lifetime, Food E & W, A&E, MTV (later dropped), VH1, CMT, Cartoon, Discovery, TLC and CNBC. The Discovery lineup included: Discovery Kids, Discovery Health, Discovery Times, Discovery Home & Leisure and 3 different Spanish Discovery channels along with the rest of the channels in the package.

Now I wish I would of discarded my NPS channel lineup cheat sheet! :eek:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts