Tallahassee HD Locals

According to the E* market tool, Tallahasse is a western arc market so the HD locals will likely be on 129W. They were added to the 129W table back on Jan. 14 but have not yet been uplinked as far as I know.

Thanks but it is a strange place for them to be. I doubt anyone in Tallahassee has a dish looking at 129. Most of the HD here comes from 61.5 and the rest from 110.

Last edited:
That's pretty much where they'll have to go... at least for now. The spotbeam from 61.5 doesn't cover the Tally area.

According to the E* market tool, Tallahasse is a western arc market so the HD locals will likely be on 129W. They were added to the 129W table back on Jan. 14 but have not yet been uplinked as far as I know.

Your kidding right? We can't get 129 in this area. We have 119, 110 and 61.5. That makes no sense to put HD channels on a Sat that we can't even get. My switch to Direct TV gets closer and closer by the day.

Finally was excited to see the Tallahassee HD locals coming to Dish, so much for that excitement. But I will hold off on switching till after they go live and Dish has the opportunity to either put it on 61.5 or tell us exactly how we are supposed to get a Sat that just last year they told me I couldn't get.

Your kidding right? We can't get 129 in this area. We have 119, 110 and 61.5. That makes no sense to put HD channels on a Sat that we can't even get. My switch to Direct TV gets closer and closer by the day.

Finally was excited to see the Tallahassee HD locals coming to Dish, so much for that excitement. But I will hold off on switching till after they go live and Dish has the opportunity to either put it on 61.5 or tell us exactly how we are supposed to get a Sat that just last year they told me I couldn't get.

I don't know why someone told you you couldn't receive it. I wouldn't expect to see the locals on 61.5. The old 129 satellite had control issues which created some issues in some areas.

I don't know why someone told you you couldn't receive it. I wouldn't expect to see the locals on 61.5. The old 129 satellite had control issues which created some issues in some areas.

They did, told me I needed a Dish at 61.5 to get HD for my HD receivers. So I complied.

Anyway, so your saying that I should be able to spin my 61.5 Dish300 around and adjust the elevation and azimuth accordingly and pickup 129? If I do that now would I loose anything that I currently get on 61.5?

Last edited:
The 'old' 129 sat didn't cover Fl, most of the Northeast states and lower Texas. The new 129 now covers the US very well.
You won't lose anything worth caring about... just a few PI channels.

The 'old' 129 sat didn't cover Fl, most of the Northeast states and lower Texas. The new 129 now covers the US very well.
You won't lose anything worth caring about... just a few PI channels.

Oh cool. I'll give it a try then. Thanks

I can use my Dish300 that I have pointed at 61.5 correct?

Yep, you just need to find the Azimuth and Elevation for 129

Thanks. Today I was able to set the new elevation and swing my wing dish that was pointing at 61.5 around to the 129 azimuth and bingo, found it, locked it in, check switch and all is well. So I am ready for my Tallahassee locals in HD when they drop next week.

Getting the same signal strength on 129 that I was getting on 61.5. I should be able to peak it in even better when I can get the wife to watch the TV for me.

Can a 500 aimed at 110/119 get it?

Pardon my ignorance; I have a Dish 500 aimed at 110/119 (and a second one aimed at 61.5). Will my Dish 500 aimed at 110/119 be able to pick it up, or will I need to have them get me a 1000?

Thanks. Today I was able to set the new elevation and swing my wing dish that was pointing at 61.5 around to the 129 azimuth and bingo, found it, locked it in, check switch and all is well. So I am ready for my Tallahassee locals in HD when they drop next week.

Getting the same signal strength on 129 that I was getting on 61.5. I should be able to peak it in even better when I can get the wife to watch the TV for me.

Just curious Swoop, I'm in Panama City and I have the same set up as you. Two dishes one for 61.5 and the other for 119 and 110.

When you pointed your 61.5 dish to the 129 location, did you still get your sports in HD??

I assume you get FoxFL and Sunshine Network.

Curious and Thanks

Just curious Swoop, I'm in Panama City and I have the same set up as you. Two dishes one for 61.5 and the other for 119 and 110.

When you pointed your 61.5 dish to the 129 location, did you still get your sports in HD??

I assume you get FoxFL and Sunshine Network.

Curious and Thanks

I just checked that, and it looks like FoxFL Sports and Sunshine HD are both gone now, the SD ones are still there but the HD ones went poof, apparently they are only on 61.5. For me personally this isn't a loss as I would much rather have the Tallahassee locals in HD. I think I can count twice in the last two years that I have ever watched Sunshine or FoxFL.

Of course with my luck come next week the Tally HD locals will probably end up on 61.5 somehow, at least I marked the spots on my dish so I can move it back easily.

rrmcdonald: As for your question, your 119/110 dish will not pickup the HD locals. If Dish does the Tally HD channels the same way they have been doing the other locals recently then they will be on the Satellite located at 129. You would need to take your dish that is pointed at 61.5 and point it at 129 instead.

I just checked that, and it looks like FoxFL Sports and Sunshine HD are both gone now, the SD ones are still there but the HD ones went poof, apparently they are only on 61.5. For me personally this isn't a loss as I would much rather have the Tallahassee locals in HD. I think I can count twice in the last two years that I have ever watched Sunshine or FoxFL.

Of course with my luck come next week the Tally HD locals will probably end up on 61.5 somehow, at least I marked the spots on my dish so I can move it back easily.

rrmcdonald: As for your question, your 119/110 dish will not pickup the HD locals. If Dish does the Tally HD channels the same way they have been doing the other locals recently then they will be on the Satellite located at 129. You would need to take your dish that is pointed at 61.5 and point it at 129 instead.

Thanks for your reply Swoop.

Nothing is ever easy with Dish, so your saying the sports channels are not mirrored on 61.5 and 129. Interesting, now I really have to make a choice.

Thanks again

Looks I'll be calling 'em to come out here w/a free 1000.2 to replace my 500 for the locals. If Sunshine and Fox Sports FL in HD are only on 61.5...the winger stays!;)

Looks I'll be calling 'em to come out here w/a free 1000.2 to replace my 500 for the locals. If Sunshine and Fox Sports FL in HD are only on 61.5...the winger stays!;)

I never thought of that.!!

I have 2 dishes now, do you think Dish would do something like that to include Sunshine and FoxFl in HD..??

Are you in the Panhandle eurosport..??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)